No announcement yet.

What We Know So Far: Geist the Sin-Eater 2nd Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well to add to the notion that the Underworld might be absorbing ghosts and transforming them into landscape and ever growing. Perhaps the reason that Cthonians don't acknowledge ghosts is because they just see the them as more landscape and their touch on ghosts just expedites the inevitable. That being said I now just see Cthonians as a game of Pac man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

I’m pretty sure that was an intentional hint at the 2e presentation of the Underworld Dave planted in Sundered World.
      Indeed. It’s all there in hindsight.

Now I’m trying to connect dots to other things, like the Dur-Abzu reflection of the Aether being somewhat similar to Underworld 2E.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• Current voting count for the next Dev blog is Playable Ghosts in the lead at 27 votes with Ceremonies having 12 votes. I voted for ghosts myself, but as with all of these past Geist 2 votes, It's a win-win whichever side wins!

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
          I'm fairly certain the Ocean doesn't drain. That seems....metaphysically inconsistent.
          I can see it. All you have to do is envision that there's something that's metaphysically “below” the Underworld that the Ocean can drain into. Say, the Lower Depths…

Comment

• Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post

I can see it. All you have to do is envision that there's something that's metaphysically “below” the Underworld that the Ocean can drain into. Say, the Lower Depths…
            Meta-physical Crossover Conspiracy Theory: The Underworld (and the Ocean of Fragments) is Ammut's Water Bottle

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Or the Chthonian God(s) whose appetites can only be quenched from a literal Ocean of the Dead.

EDIT: Think: The gods from Cabin in the Woods.

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

Traditionally in White Wolf and Onyx Path things you have the creation of the Underworld tied with a significant event that creates or links to Oblivion. Like in Exalted you have the death of the primordials.

Still, given the human-centric take Chronicles uses, I'd imagine the 'sea' just represented the unknown, and as humanity has theorized, philosophized, studied and experienced death (and in some cases been able to come back and tell others all about it) you have that sea draining away, replaced by more 'concrete' fears, twisted hopes and monsters. Plus the usual 'not of this world' or 'not borne of human thought' thing you get in any of Chronicles farther reaches.

Comment

• actually now that you mention it all the confluence of rivers stuff was very exalted

Comment

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
                    Meta-physical Crossover Conspiracy Theory: The Underworld (and the Ocean of Fragments) is Ammut's Water Bottle
                    In the Mummy forum, I floated the notion that the Underworld straight-up is Ammut.

Comment

• Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
                      In the Mummy forum, I floated the notion that the Underworld straight-up is Ammut.
                      I'm eager to see how Mummy 2e shapes the CoD cosmology

Comment

• Vote is now 12 for Ceremonies and 33 for Playable Ghosts!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert D View Post
                          Vote is now 12 for Ceremonies and 33 for Playable Ghosts!
                          Well, I'm glad playable ghosts is winning, but I'd expected it to be closer.

Comment

• Ceremonies would probably contain just a few examples rather than the full set that'll appear in the core. Certainly interesting, but nothing compared to playable ghosts, a subject that combined with existing 2e rules for ghosts might allow us to actually use playable ghosts before the book is even out.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                            Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke
                            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Considering both Ceremonies and Ghosts have been voting options in earlier Geist blogs, we'll likely see Ceremonies at some points in the blogs before (hopefully) a KS is started

Comment

• cross posting a question from the blog- as the post described that there are only "three" ways out (geist, reaper or maybe destruction), I wondered what Summoning is considered to be, as the core describes that it is possible to summon a ghost from the Underworld. Is it is a part of "pulling an Orpheus", or it wasn't count because it is usually temporary or that the ghost in question isn't the one top actually escape on her own?

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Working...
                                X