No announcement yet.

What We Know So Far: Geist the Sin-Eater 2nd Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may be a strange question but will the core book be released during or before the KS seeing how fast this thing is moving compared to the other game lines and projects.

Comment

• Originally posted by reaperfrost8 View Post
      This may be a strange question but will the core book be released during or before the KS seeing how fast this thing is moving compared to the other game lines and projects.
      Do you mean the full release or the manuscript?

Comment

• Recently the trend seems to be letting backers see sections of the book as the Kickstarter goes on. Time will tell, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

Do you mean the full release or the manuscript?
          Full release actually though I guess manuscript for backers is a thing they'll do seeing as that's how they operate.

Comment

Full release actually though I guess manuscript for backers is a thing they'll do seeing as that's how they operate.
            Yeah, they don't do that with these KSs.

They don't release the official, completed PDF of the book, and THEN put up the KS for the Deluxe edition. Final PDF comes long after the KS finishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

Yeah, they don't do that with these KSs.

They don't release the official, completed PDF of the book, and THEN put up the KS for the Deluxe edition. Final PDF comes long after the KS finishes.
              Point taken was just asking if it was going to be different comparing it to the other lines like Exalted, Scion, and even wraith, Geist seems to be going at full speed to the point where I think it'll go to past editing in about four to five weeks heck maybe even less then that.

Comment

Point taken was just asking if it was going to be different comparing it to the other lines like Exalted, Scion, and even wraith, Geist seems to be going at full speed to the point where I think it'll go to past editing in about four to five weeks heck maybe even less then that.
                Ehh...I wouldn't be THAT optimistic.

There's still the art to make, which takes a bunch of time on their own. I wouldn't count on that being done swiftly.

Comment

• I think that Geist 2E can simply by next Onyx Path Kickstarter - i.e. June 2018. So less than month to first tidbits of G:tSE 2E to see.

LGBT+ in CoD games
                  Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
                  Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
                  Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
                  My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                    I think that Geist 2E can simply by next Onyx Path Kickstarter - i.e. June 2018. So less than month to first tidbits of G:tSE 2E to see.
                    The next Kickstarter is Fetch Quest. We are probably looking at August at the earliest. MMN even notes that there is plenty of time to get the Kickstarter art done

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
                    He/His Pronouns
                    CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Fetch Quest is not May Kickstarter? I was reading as it is... And each KS is month long so...

LGBT+ in CoD games
                      Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
                      Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
                      Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
                      My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                        Fetch Quest is not May Kickstarter? I was reading as it is... And each KS is month long so...
                        There is usually about a month gap between Kickstarters, IIRC.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
                        He/His Pronouns
                        CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Not even going to lie, this is truly exciting. I'm LOVING how 2E has turned out (from what's been released thus far) and cannot wait to get my players playing this from our 1.1 game.

"Kinda I want to" - Trent Reznor

Comment

• As we await the GtS 2E dev blog post on playable ghosts, I thought I'd list the various topics that have been voted on in past blogs:
                            Bound v. Underworld (Bound won)
                            Haunts & Keys v. Synergy (Haunts & Keys won)
                            Mementos v. Ceremonies (Mementos won)
                            Reapers v. Playable Ghosts (Reapers won)
                            Underworld v. Living Antagonists (Underworld won)
                            Playable Ghosts v. Ceremonies (Ghosts won)

I've noticed that Ceremonies, Ghosts and the Underworld have been voted on twice. Given that, I hypothesize that the voting options that lost out the first time but have not been offered a second time may and likely will still return. So I'm thinking at some point before the KS, we will see a preview for:
                            Synergy
                            Ceremonies
                            Living Antagonists

I also hope we'll see a bit of insight into Psyche as well.

Comment

• I really want to see how the new Synergy works, it was one of the weaker things in 1e to my mind, it didn't mechanically fit what it was supposed to represent narratively. From what the blog posts have said about it too it sounds like it's taking on some of the work Psyche did (determining amount of Plasm you can spend per turn). I really hope it's kind of like Beast's Satiety in that there pros and cons to being at various levels of Synergy. Maybe the more the Geist is in control you can spend more plasm per turn, but are more affected by a Key's Doom or you pick up negative conditions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert D View Post
                                As we await the GtS 2E dev blog post on playable ghosts, I thought I'd list the various topics that have been voted on in past blogs:
                                Bound v. Underworld (Bound won)
                                Haunts & Keys v. Synergy (Haunts & Keys won)
                                Mementos v. Ceremonies (Mementos won)
                                Reapers v. Playable Ghosts (Reapers won)
                                Underworld v. Living Antagonists (Underworld won)
                                Playable Ghosts v. Ceremonies (Ghosts won)

I've noticed that Ceremonies, Ghosts and the Underworld have been voted on twice. Given that, I hypothesize that the voting options that lost out the first time but have not been offered a second time may and likely will still return. So I'm thinking at some point before the KS, we will see a preview for:
                                Synergy
                                Ceremonies
                                Living Antagonists

I also hope we'll see a bit of insight into Psyche as well.
                                That is reasonable and logical.

Comment

Working...
                                X