What We Know So Far: Geist the Sin-Eater 2nd Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
    Is anything known about Kerberoi in 2E? I know that the ghost sidebar in MtA 2E lists Rank 6+ ghosts and chthonians as Kerberoi, but that sidebar is written from the perspective of mages and they may have misconceptions. For example, they list geists as a subset of Rank 4 and 5 ghosts only.
    The Demon Storyteller's Guide models Kerberoi as Rank 5 spirits with no bane and two bans that cover their blanket function and limited mobility — uphold the Old Laws and don't leave the Underworld.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Geists are a subset of Rank 3+ ghosts. It's as simple as a Geist is a ghost that has the Bargain Manifestation, whether or not she's used it.

Kerberoi are Rank 5+ ghosts, so only the minor ones ever have game stats (greater Kerberoi, being Rank 6, are beyond the Storytelling system). They have some modifications to the basic ghost rules, some obvious (they treat their Dominion as an Anchor) some not.

Dave Brookshaw, Mage and Deviant Developer, writer of many things

Comment

Interesting, but I was thinking about if there's any recently revealed information about Kerberoi relating to Geist 2E. I think that's both simplified to fit DtD and written before development of Geist 2E started.

Edit: Thank you, Dave!

Bloodline: The Stygians

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
          I have two questions:
          Are all Rank 3+ ghosts geists or are geists a subset of Rank 3+ ghosts?
          Is anything known about Kerberoi in 2E? I know that the ghost sidebar in MtA 2E lists Rank 6+ ghosts and chthonians as Kerberoi, but that sidebar is written from the perspective of mages and they may have misconceptions. For example, they list geists as a subset of Rank 4 and 5 ghosts only.
          1) Geists are a subset of Rank 3+ ghosts.

2) Don't know on that front.

Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

Comment

I think Kerberoi are just high rank (6+) Ghosts and Chthonians.

Ninja'd by Dave B.
            Last edited by Omegaphallic; 03-10-2017, 05:15 PM.

Comment

"Geists: A subset of Lares called Geists (a neol-ogism) sometimes possess humans on a semi-per-manent basis, sharing other aspects of the host’s soul. The strongest of these bonds produce the un-Awakened necromancers called Sin-Eaters. This process and the Geists themselves are poorly understood."

I found that qoute in Mage 2e, I though the Bound didn't have souls anymore?

Comment

A Geist sharing aspects of a soul does not preclude it from replacing a soul. Poorly understood covers any confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs View Post
                  A Geist sharing aspects of a soul does not preclude it from replacing a soul. Poorly understood covers any confusion.
                  Perhaps that's why the Bound are not constantly suffering the soulless condition. by sharing aspects of the host's souls, the Bargain merger fully replaces the soul?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert D View Post
                    Perhaps that's why the Bound are not constantly suffering the soulless condition. by sharing aspects of the host's souls, the Bargain merger fully replaces the soul?
                    That certainly was the impression I got from what was shared.

Comment

Was there a Kickstarter campaign? I hadn't heard anything about that =(

Comment

No. It's not sure there will be one either. We'll see what they decide in the future.

Bloodline: The Stygians

Comment

Yeah; so far, none of the ChroD gamelines have received Kickstarters. It's looking like Hunter 2e might; but even if it does, the ChroD KS thing is currently operating on a case by case basis.

Comment

so far, none of the ChroD gamelines have received Kickstarters.
                            *cough* Beast *cough*

Kickstarters are definitely case by case for now, and there should be no expectations until the book is finished or nearly so. Geist is scheduled to come out no earlier than October, it is "on the horizon".

Comment

The thread has been quiet for a while, so I just wanted to say hi to all my fellow Geist-watchers (much like nessie, whale and bird watcher we are constantly looking for sightings of our selected creatures) and see if anyone had heard anything new. The Mondays Meeting Blog this week showed Geist 2E as the second book listed under Second Draft (all but 1 of the books that have been in that slot before Geist having moved up the ranks) so I eagerly hope and await for the Blog that will show Geist 2E in the Development stage (at which point I dearly hope we may see some dev blogs ). Hope this finds everyone on the forums and in Onyx Path in good spirits.

Comment

I have a feeling Geist is going to follow Promethean's model of open dev blog - few and far between. I hope I'm wrong, but that's the impression I'm getting, considering how little we know with it already in second draft.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Working...
                                X