What We Know So Far: Geist the Sin-Eater 2nd Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    Did we even get a hint as to what the signature settings will be this time around?
    But to be serious...nah, signature settings have not been revealed or hinted at (as far as I know).

Although I suppose it's not going to matter too much, since we're going to be seeing the manuscript sooner then later.

Comment

I've been writing report report cards for the last five days. Grammar has gone bye-bye at this point.
      I feel your pain Second Chances. Finished my grades 1.5 weeks ago and I'm still mentally recovering

Comment

• SO HAPPY ABOUT EARLY GEIST 2E KS!!!

Comment

• Geist has moved steadily along. I wonder how soon after the last we could end up seeing the pdf version of the book.

Comment

Did we even get a hint as to what the signature settings will be this time around?
            I'm hoping we at least get a blurb on that church in the Czech Republic, the Sedlec Ossuary.

Comment

• Aokigahara would be neat if there is a Japan setting, but I can definitely understand not using it as a setting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runcible View Post
                Aokigahara would be neat if there is a Japan setting, but I can definitely understand not using it as a setting.
                Is that the "suicide forest?" That would be a sensitive one, yes.

Eastern Europe seems like a good place, as it was occupied by both Nazis and Soviet satellites.

Mexico is just so much of a must, I'll eat a figurative hat if it's not in there.

Given that the Underworld has become even more watery in aesthetic, somewhere that's watery in the living world seems like a neat idea. My first thought was Venice, but that's too close to Eastern Europe maybe. Jakarta or Manila?
                In the same vein, somewhere in the desert. Maybe somewhere associated with history and opulence, like Samarkand.

Comment

• Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
                  Also, Aokigahara has already been used for Demon. It's in the Storyteller's Guide as a large-scale piece of Infrastructure that uses the willing deaths of the suicides to keep Mt. Fuji from erupting, IIRC.
                  Last edited by ajf115; 06-27-2018, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post

Eastern Europe seems like a good place, as it was occupied by both Nazis and Soviet satellites.

Mexico is just so much of a must, I'll eat a figurative hat if it's not in there.

Given that the Underworld has become even more watery in aesthetic, somewhere that's watery in the living world seems like a neat idea. My first thought was Venice, but that's too close to Eastern Europe maybe. Jakarta or Manila?
                    In the same vein, somewhere in the desert. Maybe somewhere associated with history and opulence, like Samarkand.
                    OK, the imagery of a dry heat desert sludgingly opening to a vast and dark underworld set of rivers of the dead has a nice look in my mind.

Especially since the Underworld seems almost parasitic. The "Water-of-the-Below" and the arid "Dry-of-the-Above" has a pretty cool dichotomy

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

• Originally posted by xiongrey View Post
                      OK, the imagery of a dry heat desert sludgingly opening to a vast and dark underworld set of rivers of the dead has a nice look in my mind.

Especially since the Underworld seems almost parasitic. The "Water-of-the-Below" and the arid "Dry-of-the-Above" has a pretty cool dichotomy
                      Plus the mirage of an Oasis seems like just kind of dick/desperate move the denizens of the Great Below might pull if they can.

Come for a drink and stay... FOREVER. (Or long enough that we aren't counting anymore)

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• If Geist doesn't have El Paso or Ciudad Juarez(or both) as a setting, I will eat one of my hats.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                        Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                          If Geist doesn't have El Paso or Ciudad Juarez(or both) as a setting, I will eat one of my hats.
                          Something floral, for nutritional value, or something feathered, for texture?

Since we are getting Geist Pirates in Dark Eras 2, it might be nice seeing Nassau or Tortuga to see how the times have changed a location.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                          Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

Something floral, for nutritional value, or something feathered, for texture?
                            Why not both?

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                              Why not both?
                              I think there is a aztec god of both flowers and feathered serpents,Quetzcoatl or Mixcoatl maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                                I think there is a aztec god of both flowers and feathered serpents,Quetzcoatl or Mixcoatl maybe?
                                Quetz-y boy.

Comment

Working...
                                X