Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreboding Lands (Roanoke Dark Era) Discussion

Just skimming right now, but...

New. Freaking. Threshold! The Pious: Death by Faith. Not tied to one of the Horsemen, so their first key is the player's pick and the second is the storyteller's. Like I said, I'm skimming, but I like what I've seen about how this is trying to handle the relationship between First Nations and Settlers. I appreciate the sidebar calling out that FNMI Sin-Eaters are not monolithic and that this chapter does not exist to recreate historic atrocities, racism, or cultural appropriation.

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

I look forward to reading this chapter very much. I've lived in North Carolina my entire life so the Roanoke Colony and its disappearance have always intrigued me. Hopefully I'll have something to ad to this discussion.

Comment

Is it too much to hope that there are some teasers for 2E Sin-Eater mechanics?

"My Homebrew Hub"
      Age of Azar
      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post
        Is it too much to hope that there are some teasers for 2E Sin-Eater mechanics?
        Unfortunately yes, I did not have access to 2E Geist when developing this Era.

-MMM

Operations Manager - Onyx Path Publishing
        Owner/Editor - FlamesRising.com

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-M-McElroy View Post

Unfortunately yes, I did not have access to 2E Geist when developing this Era.

-MMM
          Had to ask.

Anyway, I hope things don't change too much for the chapter to require drastic conversions.

"My Homebrew Hub"
          Age of Azar
          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

I'm surprised to find I like this era. Not a Sin-Eater fan, ghost stuff has been popping up in the game I'm running and it's nicely spooky. I like the intro fiction too, good job to whoever wrote it.

Comment

Please keep posts on topic and refrain from editorializing.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
              Posts in this color are moderator posts
              Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
              Forum Terms of Use
              the Contact Us link.

Comment

Just reading it now. Have to say this is definitely great.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                  I'm surprised to find I like this era. Not a Sin-Eater fan, ghost stuff has been popping up in the game I'm running and it's nicely spooky. I like the intro fiction too, good job to whoever wrote it.
                  Thank you!

Comment

As I have been racking my brain to run a new Geist Chronicle, this has surely been in the top running settings for me. Thank you for rekindling my creativity with Geist!

Comment

I really hope this Era will convince me to the Geist at large, cause right now to me whole game is 'Like Werewolves were Moros, minus shapeshifting' and it's by this to low distinct to other previous games. Like I really want to like Geist as game, it's just do not have enough things new to add to my CoD to be really distinct. I hope that Foreboding Lands adds something really cool that will change my POV, here.

Now I'm 5 pages in to Era and I'm a bit confused - text talk about mixing of myths and stories about ghosts between Europeans and Natives. Then it says to use spirits to make things less 'white and black' in game world, as mortals cannot different those things from another. And then talks to not use spirits, only ghosts in Geist. I would rather went with usage from time to time of spirits, just to not have players 'phhh, we play Geist, that MUST be ghost here'.

I'm hoping that Mystery of Roanoke Disappearance will be really interesting, not only 'they all come to Underworld'...
                      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 04-04-2017, 08:49 AM.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
                      My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
                      MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events

Comment

Wyrdmaster. Personally, I love Geist and it happens to be one of my favorites. I purchased it when it came out and then the update as well. Dare I say this is my favorite of the game lines. I think stating things factually like 'do not use spirits, only ghosts' is incorrect here. A game consists of what the Storyteller includes. That said, some stuff is designed to work better with one versus another, however, you could easily use both Ghosts and Spirits.
                        Last edited by EldritchMinister; 04-04-2017, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X