Movie Inspirations for Geist Chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghostbusters.

I'm serious. The only thing stopping them from being a Krew is that none of them actually died. I've had an idea kicking around in head crossing the two over for a long time. Egon took the bargain when he kicked the bucket while drilling a hole in is head trying to experiment on himself and Peter got offed by vengeful one night stand. Haven't figured out the others.

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
      Ghostbusters.

I'm serious. The only thing stopping them from being a Krew is that none of them actually died. I've had an idea kicking around in head crossing the two over for a long time. Egon took the bargain when he kicked the bucket while drilling a hole in is head trying to experiment on himself and Peter got offed by vengeful one night stand. Haven't figured out the others.
      That would absolutely be amazing!

No longer would they need the gear they use as they would have manifestations to do their work! Interesting.

I have actually seen a few episodes of Danny Phantom and could definitely get that from the episodes I have seen. As far as Paranorman I have not yet seen that. I will definitely check it out. I know the premise and could definitely see the ties from that, however, seeing it and actually just hearing about it are definitely separate.

I have also seen Haunter recently which was interesting and told from a ghosts side of the story instead of someone seeing the ghosts. That was a good take I think.

Comment

Count this as another vote for Paranorman. I don't want to spoiler, but there's a lot to get from that movie, to the point basing a small chronicle on it takes basically no effort.

I especially like how the size of trouble the protagonist faces ramps up from "Sin-Eater's daily business" to "the kind of catastrophic event that fit, both in scale and theme, the climax of a Geist game"

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
        Currently writing: "Dark Era: The Forest That Weeps".

Hopes to write about monsters, shapeshifters and soulless abominations someday. If you have criticism that can help me improve, I'm always here

Comment

Well! I will definitely watch it tonight then. You have definitely peaked my interests!

Comment

The Developer for Geist 2e said the movies Paranorman and Mama were strong to keep in mind for its themes.

Comment

It's the kind of movie I watch when I have nothing better else to do and I'm in the mood for supernatural stuff. It's a good movie indeed. Well, The Frighteners too, but I already mentioned that one.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
              Currently writing: "Dark Era: The Forest That Weeps".

Hopes to write about monsters, shapeshifters and soulless abominations someday. If you have criticism that can help me improve, I'm always here

Comment

Ah! Mama was good as well. I

Comment

Originally posted by EldritchMinister View Post
                  I just watched 'The Haunter' this weekend too which was pretty interesting.
                  Do you mean the Abigail Breslin film? If so, I agree. Both the setup being a good problem for a Sineater to deal with if...
                  the analogues of Lisa and Olivia can't solve it themselves.

... and the inspiration for a geist if...
                  Lisa turns out to have given up her afterlife to save Olivia and her family, and becomes a geist rather than moving on with her own.

Comment

Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
                    I'd recommend Paranorman, myself.
                    ParaNorman and Mama were the two films all the Second Edition writers had to watch. :-)

Travis Stout
                    Geist 2e Developer

Comment

Not a movie, but webcomic Paranatural has always reminded me very strongly of Geist.

CofD booklists:
                      Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Working...
                      X