Stricken or Silent?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stricken or Silent?

This question may be (more than) a little off-topic, but if Taylor Hebert, from the web serial Worm, had died in the locker and come back as a Sin-Eater, would she have been one of the Silent or one of the Stricken?

For those who don't know the situation, Taylor was shoved into a school locker which had, before the Christmas holidays, been filled with female hygiene products (I'm putting it delicately there) and a number of sharp objects and left to ferment and rot. This was the culmination of a two year long bullying campaign driven by a (female) track star, the school's darling and Taylor's former best friend. She was left in the locker for several hours (I forget the exact length of time) before finally the janitor noticed the smell and called for the ambulance upon finding her in there.

What do people think? The obvious one would be Stricken, but I think the Silent could possibly get in there, what with her being systematically isolated and abandoned by just about everyone.

Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

Stricken works of course, but I'd personally go with Silent. I feel like it's more central to the character's backstory

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
    Currently writing: "Dark Era: The Forest That Weeps".

Hopes to write about monsters, shapeshifters and soulless abominations someday. If you have criticism that can help me improve, I'm always here

Comment

Originally posted by Cinder View Post
      Stricken works of course, but I'd personally go with Silent. I feel like it's more central to the character's backstory
      That was my thought, TBH. What do you think Taylor's geist would be like? And Keys, for that matter. I do have an image of a geist which is kind of like a hollow bag of skin in the shape of a human either stained or possibly filled with blood, but I don't know as that would work, exactly. Perhaps a Geist which represents those who died as a result of their loneliness and isolation from others? I'd probably go with either Stigmata and Stillness keys (the latter from the Threshold).
      Last edited by ajf115; 04-08-2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Stigmata fits the death, but has not she powers over bugs? I don't know the series, merely Googled enough to reply, but if that's the case Primeval is an option as well. For the Treshold one, Stillness for sure.

Not a clue about the Geist, my creative cogs are not at their best tonight. Something that reflects isolation and bullism seems indeed a fitting idea
        Last edited by Cinder; 04-08-2017, 05:18 PM.

Hopes to write about monsters, shapeshifters and soulless abominations someday. If you have criticism that can help me improve, I'm always here

Comment

Stigmata fits the death, but has not she powers over bugs? I don't know the series, merely Googled enough to reply, but if that's the case Primeval is an option as well. For the Treshold one, Stillness for sure.

Not a clue about the Geist, my creative cogs are not at their best tonight. Something that reflects isolation and bullism seems indeed a fitting idea
          She does have power over bugs, but that's a result of Triggering, which gives superpowers. I don't want to spoil, but I doubt the mechanism that powers are granted by would work very well with the geist bonded to the soul.

Comment

I see. Then Stigmata does indeed look like the better option. Thought a little about the others, but Stigmata is the one that looks better to me.

Comment

I see. Then Stigmata does indeed look like the better option. Thought a little about the others, but Stigmata is the one that looks better to me.
              Mmm. Oneshot fanfiction idea, here I come!

Comment

Working...
              X