Resolving human anchors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolving human anchors

In my story I am considering my Sin-Eaters encountering a ghost with a human anchor. If the anchor has to be resolved for the ghost to Pass On what is the best way to do that without having to kill the human anchor? I'm sure there is something in the book about this I just haven't seen it. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

"Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool."

Usually, ghosts with human anchors tend to be attached to them because of some kind of unfinished business with relation to the anchor. The ghost of a mother, for example, might be anchored to her daughter by the desire to see her get into college. If you do that, the anchor's resolved.

Comment

Sixth Sense, Stir of Echoes (both of which are anchored to the mediums they contacted), The Ring (people who view the tape), The Grudge (People who've been to the house)

The first three have a task the Anchor must perform, and the final one has no resolution outside of the ghost's wrath...
      Last edited by Pale_Crusader; 05-30-2017, 02:29 PM.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
      "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Originally posted by Pale_Crusader View Post
        The Grudge (People who've been to the house)

The first three have a task the Anchor must perform, and the final one has no resolution outside of the ghost's wrath...
        Burn the cursed house to the ground, and scatter the ashes on holy ground?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

Burn the cursed house to the ground, and scatter the ashes on holy ground?
          Well according how the sequel went damaging the house un-anchored it from the house allowing it to re-anchor to people who come into contact with the victims she is currently tormenting before their death stoke. Now it is like an unseen vector spreading from victim to victim. I actually like how the obvious solution made things so much worse.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
          "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Working...
          X