Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Keys

Quick question about Keys.
    According to what I know, during the character creation I need to select two keys for the SE and two keys for the keystone.
    This grant me access to the power of four keys in total?

They Keystone does not grant access to those powers, it only provides a bonus to unlocking those Keys. Only the Keys known by the Sin Eater (2 for starting characters) grant powers.

Second Chance for

A Beautiful Madness

Comment

The Sin-Eater has two Keys, one given by their geist who has two Keys of its own, so at least one Key will match between them.

They Keystone gives bonuses to Manifestations unlocked with the geist's Keys, so the Sin-Eater will get a bonus from at least one, but if the S-E's personal Key (the one they get from their own death circumstance) doesn't match the geist's second Key, then the Keystone's second bonus will just sit there unless/until the S-E decides to buy that Key as well.

Comment

I see...
        Anyway, when a manifestation is activated it is affected by both keys?

Comment

Basically it's a grid lock system your Keys determine the automatic variants of the Manifestation you get everytime you buy a new Manifestation. You choose what key effect to apply out of your effective options when activating your manifestation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ipergigio View Post
            I see...
            Anyway, when a manifestation is activated it is affected by both keys?
            No, you pick the Manifestation, then the Key used to Unlock it. You can't have more than one instance of the Manifestation up at a time, but you can have different Manifestations up using the same Key (I think).

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Manifestations are like locked magic doors. One door will lead to Marionettes. One will lead to a Shroud. One will lead to a Boneyard. But depending on which Key you use to unlock each door, the Manifestations will look different. You can close a door again to unlock it with another Key and get a different-looking result, but you can't stick two Keys in one lock at the same time.

Comment

Working...
              X