Reapers new anatongists?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reapers new anatongists?

"Meanwhile, soldiers who, by every right known to mortals should be dead, stand back up to rejoin the battle — or fight back against the Reapers stalking battlefields throughout Europe"

perhaps a hint at the new Geist Antagonists?

Oh my god i didn't even realize that. What those Reapers could be? Maybe Cthonians who to destroy Sin-Eaters for some reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
      Oh my god i didn't even realize that. What those Reapers could be? Maybe Cthonians who to destroy Sin-Eaters for some reason?
      Boy that's gonna get confusing.

Reaper Sin-Eater: Hey guys, I'm new in town, I was wondering-

Other SE: AAAAH! RUN AWAY!

RSE: Huh? I mean, I'm the Voodoo Punisher and all, but I'm not that terrifying outside my cost-

OSE: GET THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN! MAYBE IT'LL GO FOR THEM FIRST!

And so, the prophecy becomes self-fulfilling.

Comment

Wasn't Reaper an Archetype in First Edition. The Sin-Eaters who think it's their job to enforce deaths at the proper time?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

It's possible it's a term for a new thing in second edition I suppose. Since Manifestations are now Haunts and Haunts are now Cenotes. I recall reading that Thresholds are going to be different sort of thing now, but retained in some sort of way, so it's possible archetypes might also be getting changed. Though I think we're going to need confirmation from Travis or some other writer on the book to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post

Boy that's gonna get confusing.

Reaper Sin-Eater: Hey guys, I'm new in town, I was wondering-

Other SE: AAAAH! RUN AWAY!

RSE: Huh? I mean, I'm the Voodoo Punisher and all, but I'm not that terrifying outside my cost-

OSE: GET THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN! MAYBE IT'LL GO FOR THEM FIRST!

And so, the prophecy becomes self-fulfilling.

currently just literally finished rolling on the floor laughing at that last line

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

While this is old, and it’s more than likely that Reapers are simply Geister or Cthonians loyal to the Cthonic Gods who collect living souls and Ghosts for the Underworld... my personal prediction is that a Reaper is one of the Bound who made the Bargain with a Cthonian instead of a Geist, And is little more than a slave with a tiny bit of autonomy

Comment

Ghost hosts!

Either way I'm looking forward to reading about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post
                  my personal prediction is that a Reaper is one of the Bound who made the Bargain with a Cthonian instead of a Geist, And is little more than a slave with a tiny bit of autonomy
                  I really doubt it would be the case, as Chthonian Bound was mentioned a number of time as a Night Horrors material that won't show up in the core book (not to mention that the first Bound were created through a Bargain with a Chthonian, which makes me to doubt their would be mindless slaves. From what it seems, they are the outcome of ghosts becoming the emissaries of the Chthonic Gods- but we would know soon enough, hopefully.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

From what I recall, the developers said to beware ghosts in masks. I'm guessing those are Reapers, and they wear those masks to show allegiance to the Chthonic God who they have sworn fealty to.

In much the same way a nun is married to God, the Reapers do it to themselves. When the Underworld is good to you, you naturally serve its mythological rulers, and grow quite upset when the word "reform" is bandied about...

Comment

From what I recall, the developers said to beware ghosts in masks. I'm guessing those are Reapers, and they wear those masks to show allegiance to the Chthonic God who they have sworn fealty to.

In much the same way a nun is married to God, the Reapers do it to themselves. When the Underworld is good to you, you naturally serve its mythological rulers, and grow quite upset when the word "reform" is bandied about...
                      Or that Deathmasks are Mementos left from Geists. Maybe Reapers are ghosts that are killing Geists...

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Not to mention that when asked, Travis said that the "dirty, lowly, earthly things which clings to the living world like parasites" connotation to the Chthonic Gods is intentional for the choice of the name, and that the Underworld has been described as something dark and malicious which intentionally devours the dead and haunt the living, making the choice of siding with the dread lords of a dread kingdom may sounds much better than becoming its victim. A price may be needed, of course, but always consider the alternative.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Hmm, after hearing that description of the Chthonic Gods, surely I can’t be the only one to be reminded of the Yama Kings from KotE?

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

While I’m still somewhat expecting Reapers to be a sort of enemy faction of Bound who have become less ( and more) that they once were. If they are these masked Ghosts.. does anyone else get Hollow vibes?

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post
                              While I’m still somewhat expecting Reapers to be a sort of enemy faction of Bound who have become less ( and more) that they once were. If they are these masked Ghosts.. does anyone else get Hollow vibes?
                              Now I'm imagining a Geist in the shape of a sword for a totally-not-Zanpakutou.

Comment

Working...
                              X