The Odds of a Geist: The Sin Eater Kickstarter happening looks good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Odds of a Geist: The Sin Eater Kickstarter happening looks good

They said the possibility of a Geist: The Sin Eater Kickstarter was good if Changeling did well.

Changeling is at 212% funded and rising. The Kicktraq projects the Kickstarter to come in at around $142,995 to $193,989, so I'd say it's a success, likely successful enough to make Geist kick starter very, very likely in the future.

Probably, I'd assume at soonest it might happen in February? I think there was mention of the next kickstarter being in January.

Comment

Originally posted by Runcible View Post
      Probably, I'd assume at soonest it might happen in February? I think there was mention of the next kickstarter being in January.
      I don’t think so. I believe they said was Scion that was getting a KS next?

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

I don’t think so. I believe they said was Scion that was getting a KS next?
        Trinity, not Scion. Scion already got one, they said Trinity’s would be in January

Comment

There's a few other books in the pipeline to get Kickstarter campaigns.

I'm really not thinking we'd see Geist 2e until at least April given the speed of how things usually move through the development process and where Geist currently is. There's a lot of work left to do before the base manuscript and other considerations are at the point were Rich seems to like to announce (let alone schedule) one.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
            There's a few other books in the pipeline to get Kickstarter campaigns.

I'm really not thinking we'd see Geist 2e until at least April given the speed of how things usually move through the development process and where Geist currently is. There's a lot of work left to do before the base manuscript and other considerations are at the point were Rich seems to like to announce (let alone schedule) one.
            I'm curious aside from Trinity and Geist: The Sin Eater what other Kickstarters do they have left?

Deviant and They Came From the Sea.

Comment

The Exalted 3e Dragonblood book, which is farther in the process than Geist 2e is what I'd assume comes up after Trinity, especially after the positive fan reaction to Arms of the Chosen and the desire to get Exalted 3e looking more active after the very long gap between the original 3e Kickstarter and the first non-Kickster based supplement (it's possible they decide to just go forward with it though).

Comment

Why would the kickstart Dragonblood when Exalted already had it's kickstarter?

One thing I forgot is 2e Scion: Demigod and 2e Scion: God will likely be kick started, but not soon, as they haven't filled the first Scion Kickstarter yet, I don't they will even start on those books till the kickstarter promised stuff is done.

Comment

... because the books for the additional Exalted beyond the Solars are incredibly major books in the Exalted game-line on par with the individual CofD corebooks?

Exalted core only has the rules for player mortals and Solars. While presumably Exalted will continue to work like CofD 1e and rely on the core book, the books for playing the other Exalted have to be extensive and large books.

Kickstarting Dragonblooded is like Kickstarting Scion: Demigod.

Comment

I hope Demigod doesn't have a kickstarter.... The original Scion kickstarter wasn't (and still isn't) the funnest experience.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
                      ... because the books for the additional Exalted beyond the Solars are incredibly major books in the Exalted game-line on par with the individual CofD corebooks?

Exalted core only has the rules for player mortals and Solars. While presumably Exalted will continue to work like CofD 1e and rely on the core book, the books for playing the other Exalted have to be extensive and large books.

Kickstarting Dragonblooded is like Kickstarting Scion: Demigod.
                      Ah, thank you I had no idea.

@Milo really, I found the Scion kickstarter one of the most exciting Kickstarters I've pledged to, I wish Changeling was doing as well as Scion (Changeling was doing well, good even, but Scion did fucking amazing).
                      Last edited by Omegaphallic; 11-25-2017, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
                        @Milo really, I found the Scion kickstarter one of the most exciting Kickstarters I've pledged to, I wish Changeling was doing as well as Scion (Changeling was doing well, good even, but Scion did fucking amazing).
                        It's more the annoying disappointment of how long it's taking considering it was meant to be out ages ago. The scion kickstarter did have more useful things in it which were interesting (I'm really not interested in tonnes of 1e books I already own and even if I didn't wouldn't use, or the various novellas about courts I don't find interesting).

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

Working...
                        X