Keystone memento questionsss...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keystone memento questionsss...

1.What happen if a Sin-Eater loses its initial keystone ? (the one that connects him to his Geist)
    2. Is the second key granted at creation can be an unrelated key to the threshold
    3. why are there some NPC in the book with no keys related to their threshold ? Can a Sin-Eater chose any kind of Keystone ?
    4.What is the level of the free memento ? (since it can be consumed for health)

1. They can't lose it any more than they can lose their Geist. That Keystone isn't really an object; it's the very core of their Geist's being, its last Anchor, internalized as an unbeating heart during the former ghost's change into a Geist. If they lose it, the Geist can just give it back to them. They are inseparable. What the Bound is holding in their hand is more like a symbol or a representation crafted from the Geist's corpus than anything else.

2. One key is related to the Threshold, and the other to the Geist. It has to be one of the Keys which the keystone is attuned to.

3. I don't know, and yes, if you mean 'Can the keystone look like anything', but the ST has to agree and it should be reflective of the Geist.

4. I don 't know what free Momento you're talking about. Care to clarify?
    Last edited by ajf115; 12-09-2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

3. I didnt mean appearance, I meant any Threshold since some NPC have Memento with Keys unrelated to their Threshold. But if the initial Keystone Memento doesnt have stats on sheets it explain why the one on their stats bloc are different than their Threshold

4."A Sin-Eater initial keystone (granted by her Geist) is an automatic special Memento Merit with a Threshold and two Keys provided at no cost."
      Last edited by Ventrue Pimp; 12-09-2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ventrue Pimp View Post
        "A Sin-Eater initial keystone (granted by her Geist) is an automatic special Memento Merit with a Threshold and two Keys provided at no cost."
        Ah, I see. yeah, you can't consume your Keystone. Just no. It'd be the metaphysical equivalent of leaning down and trying to rip your own heart with your teeth - self-harming and impossible.

Comment

Working...
        X