Coco Movie as GtS story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coco Movie as GtS story

I write about his year Coco movie about young boy wanting to find ghost of his grand-grandfather in Land of the Dead. Just see trailer...

So what are similarities and what are differences between Land of the Dead in Coco - and Underworld in Geist: the Sin-Eaters? I assume Lang of the Dead would be single Domain in GtS world, probably?

LGBT+ in CoD games
    Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
    Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
    Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
    My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Just watched this last night. And yeah, its pretty good Geist inspiration.

Backer #2010

Comment

Well, the Underworld as of 2E is being described as malicious from the tidbits we got...

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
        Well, the Underworld as of 2E is being described as malicious from the tidbits we got...
        Land of Dead in Coco is also 'somehow' malicious - it's badly run kingdom of dead, by trecherous imposter as... Kerberoi?

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Obligatory reminder that The Book of Life is also an excellent source of information for said chronicle.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
          He/His Pronouns
          CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Let's just say that when they went to the shantytown for the forgotten dead and met Chicharron, I sat up and hollered.

Travis Stout
            Geist 2e Developer

Comment

Originally posted by GimpInBlack View Post
              Let's just say that when they went to the shantytown for the forgotten dead and met Chicharron, I sat up and hollered.
              Oh ho. That gives me ideas. Is that a hint on the nature of the Underworld in 2E?

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by GimpInBlack View Post

Was it a holler or a grito?

Backer #2010

Comment

With shown 2E Underworld preview, let's analyze Coco Land of Dead in context of Great Below from Geist.

So let's break the elements from movie and how they relate to CoD cosmology from the blog note...
                  • Mexican 'dead relatives shrines' would be cenotes ( or low places ), areas of Twilight that contain an Avernian Gate and are keenly attuned to the energies of death. On the other side of the Gates lies proper Underworld.
                  • Coco's Land of the Dead would be generally Lower Mysteries, where the dead congregate in their hermitages, shantytowns, and even the great River Cities ( even when there are no Rivers pf Dead in Coco universe )
                  • I wonder if the rest, 'upper levels' of the movies city would not be one of Dead Dominions, or dry areas of the Underworld subject to peculiar Old Laws that grow more numerous the deeper you go, enforced by and subject to the rule of their Kerberoi, lords of their dead realms. Also, would not this made Ernesto de la Cruz a Kerberoi, as de facto ruler of the City in movie?

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                  X