Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What "Chronicle" Do You Think We'll Get?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I don't really know what a "Firestorm" is. I assumed it was the antagonist in as much as the Fallen World/The Lie is more an Antagonist to Mage then even other Mages are.

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

Originally posted by xiongrey View Post
      I guess I don't really know what a "Firestorm" is. I assumed it was the antagonist in as much as the Fallen World/The Lie is more an Antagonist to Mage then even other Mages are.
      A Firestorm is more of an event, and the Fallen World is more setting. Neither of them try to beat up their respective splats for their lunch money.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Not being discrete entities doesn't mean they can't be antagonistic. Of course, in the case of Mage it's very subjective whether the Fallen World is antagonistic.

Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by xiongrey View Post
          A firstorm is kind of a "she canna take it, she's breaking up" moment that happens when too much of Promethean's brand of supernature happens in one place - they usually look like intense storms, but they can be weirder shit like rains of blood or toads. They're dangerous to Prometheans, but also to their enemies, and sometimes have the effect of mitigating other ongoing problems they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
            Beast: [This doesn't have a Chronicle, does it?]
            There is, in fact, a chronicle for Beast, called 'The Primordial Feast'. So, no antagonist here either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragotarify View Post

There is, in fact, a chronicle for Beast, called 'The Primordial Feast'. So, no antagonist here either.
              Is that a Chronicle, or just the name of the Anthology?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

It's the name of the anthology. Doesn't have the Chronicle suffix. But on the other hand it's only the anthologies (for all the other gamelines) that have the Chronicle name after the name switch from Chronicle to Second Edition, so in a way The Primordial Feast is the Chronicle name of the gameline.
                Last edited by Tessie; 02-27-2018, 03:26 PM.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Demon and Beast likely don't have any formal chronicles attached to the title, due two both technically being the first editions of their gamelines while everything else is updating to second edition. Deviant will probably follow suit.

Comment

Deviant does have a Chronicle name, actually.

Dave Brookshaw

Comment

The Renegades of Funk Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
                        Deviant does have a Chronicle name, actually.
                        Do tell. No really, please. helpless wannabe Deviant fans want to know

Comment

Working...
                        X