Geist in WW Manuscript Approval Phase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geist in WW Manuscript Approval Phase

This is according Monday Notes. Very impressive.

My guess is that we shall the kickstarter in June. Hunter in August And deviant in October

Comment

Kinda surprised this is moving faster than the other game lines.

Comment

I'm kinda hoping late May over June, but I doubt later than June at this point. I'm not sure we're going to see a run of CofD books though. It seems more likely we'll see something like They Came From Beneath the Sea, then Hunter because it's farther along, then Dystopia Rising, then Deviant. Maybe Lunars for Exalted in there if the Ex3 team can get to it, though it doesn't seem likely. I get the feeling Rich would rather switch KSes up between different games. ST system collectors that get everything aren't going to notice a difference, but people just getting CofD stuff might like the breaks to save up and participate rather than having multiple big CofD drives in a row.

I'm not surprised that Geist 2e is moving along. It's been two months (almost) since the Haunts and Keys preview, and that was one of the bigger mechanical revisions to get done. With only effectively 1.5 books for Geist 1e, there wasn't the level of lore consolidation and revision the other games so far have needed.

Comment

Originally posted by reaperfrost8 View Post
          Kinda surprised this is moving faster than the other game lines.
          I'm not. Changeling has had some big difficulties that I'm not going to go into, and with the amount of material Monica Valentinelli has to juggle for Hunter (including ways to represent all the other lines), it makes sense for Geist to overtake it.

Comment

Announcer: "And it's Geist coming up fast along the inside track! Looks like no one is beating this Dead(NotDead) Horse!"

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Well, I'll be secretly pulling for June since it's my birthday and the birthday of someone in my group who's also been looking forward to it. The KS manuscript would be one of the best presents I could imagine. Of course, that does mean I'm a bit biased. I actually would have guessed later than June, I'd been anticipating an October KS if there were one. Since, you know, it's spooky time. It felt thematic, I suppose. I'm definitely happy to see it moving along, though! This is probably my most highly anticipated game of the...next general chronological time period.

Comment

my birthday is really soon but hopefully i can will my self to save any money i get for the kickstarter if it is in late may or June, cos i am so excite

Comment

Originally posted by ahather View Post
                  my birthday is really soon but hopefully i can will my self to save any money i get for the kickstarter if it is in late may or June, cos i am so excite
                  Since its in editing now,I think we'll be getting it in less than 30 days

Comment

Less than 30 days? Um... huh? The Dragonblooded Kickstarter isn't even over yet. Rich has (IIRC) never started a new Kickstarter less than a month after the last one ended, and lately they've been giving themselves much longer recovery times between them. We're not going to see Geist 2e in under 30 days unless it's not getting a Kickstarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
                      Less than 30 days? Um... huh? The Dragonblooded Kickstarter isn't even over yet. Rich has (IIRC) never started a new Kickstarter less than a month after the last one ended, and lately they've been giving themselves much longer recovery times between them. We're not going to see Geist 2e in under 30 days unless it's not getting a Kickstarter.
                      And if it's not a Kickstarter, there is no way we see it in a month, since they still need to do art. Hell, they probably still have to do art for the kickstarter itself!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
                        Oh man,I was overly optimistic then. Sorry

Comment

It's cool, we're all excited to see the final thing. Just trying to help modulate expectations based on what we know.

Comment

Ok, guess it's time to start saving money for Geist then. Can't say to be sad about that

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Working...
                            X