How Does One "Deal" With Ghosts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Does One "Deal" With Ghosts?

Okay, so I have been trying to find out how you resolve anchors for a ghost, banish a ghost, or destroy a ghost. On page 45 it talks about doing all three of those things, but does not talk about any game mechanics on HOW to do any of those things. Am I just missing it? Any help here would be greatly appreciated! If it's in there and I am just missing it, let me know a page number. If it is talked about elsewhere, where do I find it?

Which edition?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
      Which edition?

There is currently only one edition I thought. 2nd edition only has teasers out, probably still years away from release.

The book I am looking at is Geist: The Sin-Eaters

Comment

Originally posted by Redspieder View Post
        The mechanics for exorcism, abjuration, and similar are in the 1e World of Darkness core rulebook, near the end of the book in the same section as the basic mechanics for ghosts. 1e gameline books were not developed to work without reference to the main systems book.

Resident Lore-Hound
        Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
          The mechanics for exorcism, abjuration, and similar are in the 1e World of Darkness core rulebook, near the end of the book in the same section as the basic mechanics for ghosts. 1e gameline books were not developed to work without reference to the main systems book.

Thank you. Yeah, I knew the base book is usually needed, but they also usually tell you to refer to the base book when appropriate... but not always, case and point.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Redspieder View Post

There is currently only one edition I thought. 2nd edition only has teasers out, probably still years away from release.

Right. Was just checking because I thought there were rules for banishing at least in the GMC update, which could also half update Geist to 2e

Comment

Right. Was just checking because I thought there were rules for banishing at least in the GMC update, which could also half update Geist to 2e
              That is a good point. Now that I know to look into the base book, I will look into both. I know ghosts were updated so I might find some stuff in the 2nd ed base book as well.

Thanks!

Comment

Yeah banishing in GMC has to do with dismantling Manifestation conditions if i remember right.

Comment

Yep. Ghosts are constantly being dragged down to the Underworld by default and they spend Essence at least once every day (I believe) to resist that pull. Take away their ability to regain essence, they're going down to the Underworld in the next week or so for your average Rank 1 or 2 natural ghost. It's longer for more powerful ghosts, but those are far more rare, as only the Underworld can increase a ghost's Rank, and even a ghost who comes back up a century later needs mortal ritualists to give it powerful artificial Anchors to keep it from being dragged back down to the Underworld.
                  Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 06-01-2018, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Yep. Ghosts are constantly being dragged down to the Underworld by default and they spend Essence at least once every day (I believe) to resist that pull. Take away their ability to regain essence, they're going down to the Underworld in the next week or so for your average Rank 1 or 2 natural ghost. It's longer for more powerful ghosts, but those are far more rare, as only the Underworld can increase a ghost's Rank, and even a ghost who comes back up a century later needs mortal ritualists to give it powerful artificial Anchors to keep it from being dragged back down to the Underworld.

Okay, yeah, I got a lot of reading to do. I feel bad for my ST, he decided to do a crossover chronicle where everyone is a different supernatural and allowed me to be a Sin-Eater. He has so much he needs to keep up with, I need to try to learn as much as I can to help him.

Comment

Working...
                    X