Geist Stretch Goals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geist Stretch Goals

So with the Kickstarter hopefully coming next week, what types of stretch goals do you think we'll get and what would you like to see?

Geist is finally getting supplements people!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

I think the tried and true classics (a t-shirt, extra art, and a companion) will appear. Honestly, the companion is the thing I hope they focus on the most. Mortal necromancers would be incredibly useful as an antagonist splat, and extra detail on the Underworld would be useful to almost every storyteller.

Naturally, I want creepy glow-in-the-dark dice, but I think that is unlikely at best.

Comment

Long shot. But. Dice.
      They were never released with the original core. And i’d Enjoy having them.

On a realistic angle.
      A new night horrors book or companion.

Comment

• Player's Guide
        • Storyteller's Guide
        • Companion (if a combination of the above two)
        • Guidebook to the Underworld - an In-Universe travelogue containing all manner of weirdness to be found in the Great Below (with mechanics in side-bars and after-sections).
        • Story Anthology
        • Night Horrors (antagonist examples, and a new antagonist type)
        • A book on side characters - Mortal Necromancers, Ghost Krewe members, Ghost-born, etc.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

A jumpstart/quickstart would be nice

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

A Giest novel and Companion. Maybe some new antagonists, new Giest Digital Dice. Something that blows my mind.

Comment

I'd like something about Sin Eaters through the Ages. Sin Eaters come in cycles*, almost like mummies, and the Underworld itself has changed a lot during the history (and prehistory) of mankind.

*Or, more accurately, used to

Italian nuisance. English is my second language, so be patient!

My homebrew:
              [VtR 2e] Light From a Dead Star: Rome
              [WtF 2e] The Past Is Another Country: Rome

Comment

I'll second the Jumpstart

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

Wraith-Geist Translation Guide please.

Comment

They've released a fiction anthology with each core book thus far, and I doubt they'll stop now so that's an add on instead of a stretch goal. Other fiction stretch goals will likely come in the form of separately released novellas rather than a second anthology.

Jumpstart and companion are two extremely likely stretch goals. I'd be interested in the companion depending on what they put in it.

I personally hope for a Guide to the Underworld book, but whether it's even a feasible source book depends both on how much of the core book is focused on the Underworld, and how much the Underworld has changed between editions. The Onyx Path will likely not just rerelease a new Book of the Dead if the old one is 95% compatible with second edition. But if they do release one, I hope it will contain at least half a chapter (or an equivalent amount of text spread out in the whole book) dedicated to how the other splats interacts with the Underworld.

SNESferatu mentioned an Ancient Mysteries-type book. While I think that concept has been replaced with Dark Eras, I wouldn't mind a potential Guide to the Underworld to contain historical information about the Underworld. Dead Dominions change all the time and are not particularly interesting other than as an ST resource, but the Sundered World revealed a pretty dramatic change in the Underworld's geography and I'd like to see that explored more, including whatever changes the Underworld might currently be undergoing.

A book focused on template variations and/or minor templates like Half-Damned and Heirs to Hell could be interesting. Depends on what they would include in it, and how well they handled it. My opinions about Half-Damned and Heirs to Hell are quite different so I'm not going to hype this kind of book like I would with a potential Guide to the Underworld book.

Did I mention that I want a Guide to the Underworld book yet?

Bloodline: The Stygians
                    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                      SNESferatu mentioned an Ancient Mysteries-type book. While I think that concept has been replaced with Dark Eras, I wouldn't mind a potential Guide to the Underworld to contain historical information about the Underworld. Dead Dominions change all the time and are not particularly interesting other than as an ST resource, but the Sundered World revealed a pretty dramatic change in the Underworld's geography and I'd like to see that explored more, including whatever changes the Underworld might currently be undergoing.
                      Not whole replaced it seems. Remember that the only announced supplement for Hunter 2e is Eternal Flame, which sounds to be exactly like Ancient Bloodlines/Mysteries for Hunter. So a Geist version isn't completely implausible (he says hopefully).

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Night Horrors Book, Jumpstart, Player's and Story teller's Guide, Guide to the Underworld or just a straight up Underworld Setting book like Changeling's Hedge book (Though Mage has the Fallen Worlds book with the Underworld in it), A Krewe book, or maybe a bound society/culture/history book in the same vein as a Pack book like Werewolf got would be neat, I would love dice as an option. I think a purified/abmortals combo book would be neat

Comment

Night Horrors.

Night Horroooooooooooooooors.

Otherwise, a Player/Storyteller Guides would be nice. Something in the style of Half Damned would also be good, with mediums and other death touched beings. An updated Book of the Dead is also something I would like to see, as well as something about expanding upon krewes around the world, with examples to how they incorporate local death traditions into their own mythologies. Oh, and something about krewes in general, like the Pack for Werewolf. Probably it would take the form of the Player's Guide.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Dice pilfered from graves.

That is all.

(Okay, also, I imagine there won't be stretch goals for the Player's Guide, Stoyrteller's Guide, and Night Horrors because those will probably invariably come out anyways now.)

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                            Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
                            Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

Comment

y'know an idea i just had? An skull ring,but one with the Geist Skull,that cool one with the key.

Comment

Working...
                              X