Geist Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geist Kickstarter Discussion Thread

It is time for a second chance! The Geist: the Sin-Eater Kickstarter is coming on Monday July 2 at noon EDT. Talk about it here.

Beware the ghosts bearing masks.

Link
    Last edited by Second Chances; 07-02-2018, 12:04 PM.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

I’m already planning to take my break at work around the time the Kickstarter starts so I can be one of the first to donate to it. I know that doesn’t change anything. But this is Geist.
    Last edited by MrOwl; 06-29-2018, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Second!

(Seems like a good place to resurrect the 'First' meme, but second, right ?...)

Backer #2010

Comment

I've had a "haunted house meets Dredd/The Raid " chronicle in the back of my head for years waiting for this.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
        Podcast: The Breakup, a podcast about destroying the things you love by giving them away

Comment

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
          I've had a "haunted house meets Dredd/The Raid " chronicle in the back of my head for years waiting for this.
          ...you just one today's award for "most awesome chronicle idea".

Comment

I have my obols for the ferryman ready

I remember back when I discovered the WoD and Geist was my favorite. I hope this 2nd Edition will make it a contender again

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

I'll have to see what changes they make before I back, but I'm looking forward to it.

Wow I wish I had something cool to say here

Comment

The kickstarter I've been waiting years to see, I've got my money set aside and ready for this!

Comment

The first time I think I’ve ever looked forward to a Monday.

Comment

Time to raid the River Styx and fund with Pluto's own treasure room!

Comment

As we journey into darkness
                      Where Gods fear to tread
                      The time has come to be renewed
                      And now before the night is through
                      We'll wake the dead!
                      -Wake the Dead, Creature Feature
                      Last edited by ArcaneArts; 06-29-2018, 09:11 PM.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
                      Work Blog Coming Soon
                      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

So while we wait, something I've been meaning to ask:

What happened to Geist 1e that prevented it from getting a full gameline?

From the fragments I gathered, wasn't it less to do with lack of interest in the gameline and more BTS drama and legal issues?

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

From the fragments I gathered, wasn't it less to do with lack of interest in the gameline and more BTS drama and legal issues?
                          I think that was pretty much it. I recall from my own fragments that Geist's release just bad timing, but I don't recall the specific reason.

Honestly, ever since it became clear that every line was going to get a second edition, I haven't thought about it. Time to move on from the past (at least for me).

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

As I recall, it was originally intended as an experiment to see if they could create a game line that was fully contained in the core book and a single supplement. I remember having a really hard time tracking it down in stores, too, so it might have been at a time when the company was really struggling. That was a long time ago, though, so it might have also been bad luck on my part.

Jason Ross Inczauskis
                            Freelance Writer
                            Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, TC In Media Res
                            Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action (Alban, Beelzebub, Oxblood Mold, Whispering Oak); C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

I will be very happy when tomorrow arrives.

Comment

Working...
                              X