No announcement yet.

Geist Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krewe Regalia and Ceremonies achieved for Memento Mori!

The next Stretch Goal after Dominions will be a new set of Ready Made Characters at $85,000. Which I believe is a first for any CofD gameline to have two editions to have one RMC per edition. Since not even CtL2e got this stretch goal.

Comment

• But now how much time do you think we need to await to see the core rulebook released?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ipergigio View Post
        But now how much time do you think we need to await to see the core rulebook released?
        I would not expect to see a pdf this year, let alone a print copy. That said, we will have a complete draft of the manuscript by the end of the kickstarter.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• We need to await the next year...? it's a bit a turn off -_-;

Comment

• I don't think it would necessarily take that long for the pdf, it is different circumstances than Changeling's kickstarter and there hasn't even been art budget increase goals set in place yet.

Comment

We need to await the next year...? it's a bit a turn off -_-;
              Consider them saying it will be a year plus out and it is or *fingers crossed*
              As opposed to onyx path saying it will be out this year and something goes awry. It’s more being cautious than anything.

Comment

We need to await the next year...? it's a bit a turn off -_-;
                Yeah, so we've learned it's best to give a long estimate. Though the manuscript is written and edited, there's still the layout phase, art still needs to come in for it, and various proofing passes need to get done before we can release the book. If you look at the Changeling Kickstarter from last fall, it estimates June 2019 for physical copies and next month for the PDFs. This is fairly standard for us, and if we get it out earlier, then folks get to be pleasantly surprised!

In-House Developer for Chronicles of Darkness and Exalted

Comment

• Originally posted by DixieCyanide View Post

Yeah, so we've learned it's best to give a long estimate. Though the manuscript is written and edited, there's still the layout phase, art still needs to come in for it, and various proofing passes need to get done before we can release the book. If you look at the Changeling Kickstarter from last fall, it estimates June 2019 for physical copies and next month for the PDFs. This is fairly standard for us, and if we get it out earlier, then folks get to be pleasantly surprised!
                  Deadlines are a lose/lose option for publishers I feel. But providing the whole text of the game during the KS is a class move. On that topic - is it Monday yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Daigotsu Max View Post

Deadlines are a lose/lose option for publishers I feel. But providing the whole text of the game during the KS is a class move. On that topic - is it Monday yet?
                    I eternally have to two countdown clocks going on during OPP Kickstarters. One for the next preview and one for the next stretch goal.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Daigotsu Max View Post
                      I hope it's not Monday! If so, I missed the meeting entirely.

In-House Developer for Chronicles of Darkness and Exalted

Comment

• $1,710 to go for Dominions.

Ready made characters by Monday? Tuesday?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
                          $1,710 to go for Dominions.

Ready made characters by Monday? Tuesday?
                          Or tomorrow.

Edit: I skipped one goal ahead. I'd say by Tuesday or Wednesday unless the MMN gives a big bump Monday evening.
                          Last edited by Second Chances; 07-07-2018, 08:54 PM.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Having just finished the first preview, I'm real excited for Dominions. Those descriptions of the Underworld were extremely enticing! And I love that they can be used with other games (Mage and Promethean come to mind first)

Edit: oh and - silly me - Beasts! They can open Avernian Gates!
                            Last edited by Daigotsu Max; 07-08-2018, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• $690 til we hit Dominions. I hope to see more relics of past Bound within their write ups; since that is the one way we know of to make such places.

Edit: And now we have it!
                              Last edited by FallenEco; 07-08-2018, 08:43 PM.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• Yup, Dominions have been achieved for Memento Mori.

Next Stretch Goal after RMCs 2e is to add the Dark Eras "God's Own Country" and "Three Kingdoms of Darkness" as part of the 1e Underworld Reflections bundle at $87,000

Comment

Working...
                                X