No announcement yet.

Geist Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting. Might be nice to have page edge coloring to denote different sections if you're just opening it. Though I guess everyone can use a bookmark/sticky note of some sort.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
      It makes the books easier to use as references after the first time you read them; splats are at the front, Conditions are at the back.

The 2e book template goes Intro - splats - setting - rules for the supernatural beings in question - core storytelling system - antagonists - sample settings - storytelling - minor template - conditions

With some variance for different lines. I have, in the past, asked if I can put the core system before the splat-specific rules and been told no.

OHHHH thank you, Dave for your answer. I'll have to read a 2e book then. I'm still used to the old WW formula: "Setting first so I undertand the splat" make more sense to me. But if it's a template for the edition I'll have to get use to it. Also I'm with you Core system should be before splat-specifics but meh it's style in the end I guess.

Gangrel Clan forever!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alheim Dalstar View Post

OHHHH thank you, Dave for your answer. I'll have to read a 2e book then. I'm still used to the old WW formula: "Setting first so I undertand the splat" make more sense to me. But if it's a template for the edition I'll have to get use to it. Also I'm with you Core system should be before splat-specifics but meh it's style in the end I guess.
        That does make sense for the first time you’re reading it, but their thinking is to cater to the book’s use during game play, which means thinking of it more as a reference book then something read in order from front to back.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Also, we got our first glimpse of Reapers; apparently their Deathmask forms are built like their own characters, but they carry over their Virtues and Vices in their buffed forms. And wow, going Reaper really makes you a badass; it buffs Rank to minor god levels and enhances Attributes likewise. The major downside is that it makes your Aspiration "Drag ghosts to Underworld" (not a problem for true Reapers, but a risk for friendly Abiding), and it gives you the fallen geist's ban and bane.

Comment

• Reading through the part on Momentos, did anyone else get the sudden urge to run a game based around a greater Momento that's totally not the Death Note, complete with Ryuk as a geist?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leliel View Post
              Also, we got our first glimpse of Reapers; apparently their Deathmask forms are built like their own characters, but they carry over their Virtues and Vices in their buffed forms. And wow, going Reaper really makes you a badass; it buffs Rank to minor god levels and enhances Attributes likewise. The major downside is that it makes your Aspiration "Drag ghosts to Underworld" (not a problem for true Reapers, but a risk for friendly Abiding), and it gives you the fallen geist's ban and bane.
              And the interesting thing is the way it versed- that wearing the Deathmask turns the ghost into a certain Reaper. That is, the actual Reaper is not the ghost, but the mask they carry, as any ghost who wear it would practically become the same Reaper. The ghost in question is simply the vessel through which the Underworld enforce its will, secondary to the Reaper it becomes.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                And the interesting thing is the way it versed- that wearing the Deathmask turns the ghost into a certain Reaper. That is, the actual Reaper is not the ghost, but the mask they carry, as any ghost who wear it would practically become the same Reaper. The ghost in question is simply the vessel through which the Underworld enforce its will, secondary to the Reaper it becomes.
                I rather like that concept. It reinforces the impersonal, Lovecraftian nature of the Underworld in my opinion.

Comment

I like this a lot. It really does feel like the Deathmask is the Underworld-River in concentrated form.

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

Could the ghost decide to ignore the aspiration, I mean aspirations but supercede free will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
                      Could the ghost decide to ignore the aspiration, I mean aspirations but supercede free will.
                      Good question. I guess we'll see the answer in the Reapers section on the 23rd, but knowing how dramatic the change is would be enlightening. The ban doesn't seem to force action.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daigotsu Max View Post
                        Having just finished the first preview, I'm real excited for Dominions. Those descriptions of the Underworld were extremely enticing! And I love that they can be used with other games (Mage and Promethean come to mind first)

Edit: oh and - silly me - Beasts! They can open Avernian Gates!
                        So can Demons and Helldiver Changelings.

Comment

• Hey, so i read the preview and I like a lot of what I see. Unfortunately, because Haunt Conditions are in the last section of the book, I don't actually know what Haunts do most of the time, even though we are meant to see that section now. Is there a possibility of getting the various Haunt Conditions earlier so I can understand Haunts?

Also, in terms of usability, I feel it would be extremely valuable to keep the Haunt's condition in a sidebar with the Haunt itself. As it is, each power creates or modifies a condition, and having to flip back and forth between the Haunt and rhe Condition is going to be troublesome, especially in a pdf. If that can not happen for whatever reason, can you make sure the Condition has an easy link back to the Haunt that causes it?

Comment

• Originally posted by SoulGambit View Post
                            Hey, so i read the preview and I like a lot of what I see. Unfortunately, because Haunt Conditions are in the last section of the book, I don't actually know what Haunts do most of the time, even though we are meant to see that section now. Is there a possibility of getting the various Haunt Conditions earlier so I can understand Haunts?

Also, in terms of usability, I feel it would be extremely valuable to keep the Haunt's condition in a sidebar with the Haunt itself. As it is, each power creates or modifies a condition, and having to flip back and forth between the Haunt and rhe Condition is going to be troublesome, especially in a pdf. If that can not happen for whatever reason, can you make sure the Condition has an easy link back to the Haunt that causes it?

I've asked for an early preview of conditions on the KS update, they said they'd look into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daigotsu Max View Post
                              I've asked for an early preview of conditions on the KS update, they said they'd look into it.
                              This was a thing I didn't even think of when we did the release schedule for the KS, and that's totally on me, as the one out of me and James who had read the book at the time. If not tonight, I think you'll be seeing them before too long.

In-House Developer for Chronicles of Darkness and Exalted

Comment

• Oh i might not have seen it in the thread so far, but i wonder about the esotery trait for Krewes. I know it impacts the amount of mystery cult initiation you get, but what other things does that trait..do exactly? I get what it is in fluff, but i wonder just about the effects beyond the mystery cult initiation merit from a crunch perspective.

Comment

Working...
                                X