No announcement yet.

Geist Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yeah, I forgot; Sin-Eaters have a Nephandi version now too.

Or more accurately, those who decide that, rather than deal with their geist as a decent fucking person, destroy their geist's Touchstone and change Synergy to Tyranny.

That is a very interesting twist on the "deal with the devil" trope; the "devil" is like that because it wants to get the fuck away from you, you monster.

I want to play a Sin-Eater whose geist actually belonged to a man he sacrificed himself to kill. His geist is eternally grateful, and urges him to finish off the rest of the krewe.

Comment

• I haven’t gotten that far yet. But I am really excited to read it.
      What are they called?

Comment

• Wait, so putting together what LostLight and Leliel said... Synergy is the Supernatural Potency trait this time, there is no Integrity substitute trait, and there’s effectively an alternate template where the Potenct trait changes to something else (Tyranny), similar to how the Tremere from Mage are supposedly going to have Hollow instead of Gnosis?

* curses own financial issues

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• Originally posted by MrOwl View Post
          I haven’t gotten that far yet. But I am really excited to read it.
          What are they called?
          Far as I know, there's not a proper term yet for Bound with Tyranny, as opposed to Bound who just aren't Sin-Eaters; Tyranny is an ST-Only stat, because at that point you've gone past the pale of acceptable behavior, Tyranny is in a section we don't have yet. But "Tyrant Bond" is as good a term as any. Or "Chthonic Bond", to tie in with the mythos.
          Last edited by Leliel; 07-09-2018, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• I'm still going through the last preview (had to sleep) but is it just me or are Ceremonies appear to be related to Sorcery (MtC) now? Natural Law, check; powered with symbolism, check; Exorcisism and Warding, check.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
              I'm still going through the last preview (had to sleep) but is it just me or are Ceremonies appear to be related to Sorcery (MtC) now? Natural Law, check; powered with symbolism, check; Exorcisism and Warding, check.

I noticed that too. I wonder if Sin-Eaters are regarded by the Arisen as "lesser Deathless"; they still age and succumb to mortality eventually, and they need to eat the lives of others to return to life, but apart from that, there's little-to-no downsides to their condition. A loyal demon bought them back to life, and so they are attuned to the deep heartbeat of Sekhem, especially that which flows in the Underworld and Duat.

Comment

• So... is Plasm stockpilable? Can you have a wine cellar full of plasm wine? It reads like it is, and thats the intent, since rilling plasm into cigars on the scene feels awkward.

Comment

• Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
                  I'm still going through the last preview (had to sleep) but is it just me or are Ceremonies appear to be related to Sorcery (MtC) now? Natural Law, check; powered with symbolism, check; Exorcisism and Warding, check.
                  And Werewolf rites, and I'm guessing the Beast one. But that's sort of what magic is, taking advantage of laws of the world that allow for an unusual give/take. And the World of Darkness has been described as being full of symbolism since the first core book, where the atmosphere was described as one of 'Threatening Symbolism.'

'Everything in the World of Darkness has foreboding significance. Nothing is necessarily what it seems. A dead tree might secretly harbor a bitter spirit. A car might be a reservoir for magical energies that could kill the unwary. Everything is a cipher for something else, lending mysterious significance to otherwise coincidental events. Is it just chance that you receive a letter from a schoolmate you haven’t seen or heard from in years, and you read the next day about his horrifying death by exsanguination? Dare you open the letter?
                  The World of Darkness rarely communicates its secrets directly. Instead, mysteries can be read in places and things all around — symbols of deeper, unsettling truths. It’s easier to ignore these signs than to face them. Many people are willfully blind to these messages, fearing what they reveal. “It’s just coincidence. Meaningless happenstance.” Just keep telling yourself that….'

We're just getting some better defined and open ended occultism recently.
                  Last edited by nofather; 07-09-2018, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• The Rites of werewolves and the Begotten require a connection to another realm. Not just any member of the pack or any member of the cult can perform them.
                    The same cannot be said for Ceremonies.

I am surprisingly happy about the similarities between Forsaken's pack creation rules and the Krewe generation rules.

On a different note, I've just finished the preview. Am I alone in thinking that throwing Deathmasks back to the Underworld is just irresponsible? The correct option is to Consume the creepy buggers, if you aren't going to keep them...and now I have an idea for a Gatekeeper krewe that tricks ghosts into wearing Deathmasks.
                    Last edited by FallenEco; 07-09-2018, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Is it just me, or do some of the Keys as written have a lot more utility than others? For instance, the Grave-Dirt Key doesn't apply just to literal dirt/underground things, but the Pyre-Flame Key is only resonant when something is literally on fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad_Maudlin View Post
                        Is it just me, or do some of the Keys as written have a lot more utility than others? For instance, the Grave-Dirt Key doesn't apply just to literal dirt/underground things, but the Pyre-Flame Key is only resonant when something is literally on fire.
                        On the other hand, so many things burn.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
                        Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

Comment

• Anybody else notice it's possible to have multiple copies of the same innate Key?

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
                          The correct option is to Consume the creepy buggers, if you aren't going to keep them...
                          …Yeah, feed your geist evidence that something like it can still die, which may or may not have a literal connection to the malevolent wills that command the Underworld, that's palatable and correct to do and not at all troubling to contemplate putting in your mouth by proxy.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                          Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                            On the other hand, so many things burn.
                            Fair point! I suppose I need to think of these Key resonances more like Lair Traits in Beast, something the characters will be actually trying to engineer in their favor. (Speaking of which, Sin-Eaters with elemental Keys and Beasts with corresponding Lair Traits would work well together...)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad_Maudlin View Post

Fair point! I suppose I need to think of these Key resonances more like Lair Traits in Beast, something the characters will be actually trying to engineer in their favor. (Speaking of which, Sin-Eaters with elemental Keys and Beasts with corresponding Lair Traits would work well together...)
                              Woohoo, crossover fodder!

Actually, I can see Beasts and Sin-Eaters working pretty well together, particularly if the Beast has a Hunger that can be satisfied by working with the Krewe - a Nemesis running with a Krewe of Furies, for instance, a Predator with a Hunger that can be applied to Reapers or vengeful ghosts or a Whisper working with a Krewe of Mourners, hunting down secrets to help the dead. Of course, with the way that Hungers work the Beast can quite easily be the 'token evil teammate', so to speak. The Nemesis is the one who eggs the Krewe on into the realms of disproportionate retribution, for instance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                                Anybody else notice it's possible to have multiple copies of the same innate Key?

…Yeah, feed your geist evidence that something like it can still die, which may or may not have a literal connection to the malevolent wills that command the Underworld, that's palatable and correct to do and not at all troubling to contemplate putting in your mouth by proxy.
                                Oh it may well be a crisis point like ectophagia; doesn't mean it is not better than creating another Reaper. If keeping a Deathmask is not an option, Consuming it is better than literally tossing it in the Underworld.

Since the Boneyard is a tilt, does that a Beast mean could take it as a Lair trait.
                                Last edited by FallenEco; 07-10-2018, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X