Geist Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DixieCyanide View Post

This was a thing I didn't even think of when we did the release schedule for the KS, and that's totally on me, as the one out of me and James who had read the book at the time. If not tonight, I think you'll be seeing them before too long.

Thanks Dixie, much appreciated!

Comment

• Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
      Oh it may well be a crisis point like ectophagia; doesn't mean it is not better than creating another Reaper. If keeping a Deathmask is not an option, Consuming it is better than literally tossing it in the Underworld.
      Crisis point nothing, I'm saying there's precious little to suggest to the Bound that pushing your geist closer to the Underworld's malevolent drives is preferable to chucking a dangerous corruptive artifact into the place that has no trouble supplying dangerous corruptive artifacts anyway.

"This thing might, if left alone in a place we don't want ghosts to linger anyway, lead to a nihilistic ghost getting a super-mode" does not win out over "this thing might, if consumed, make me or my geist actively advance the agenda of the Underworld in spite of my attempts to fix it" in the big ladder of threat-assessments.

Since the Boneyard is a tilt, does that a Beast mean could take it as a Lair trait.
      I can think of no reason that should be the case besides heedless semantics.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
      Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• I think that I would house-rule that eating a Deathmask would cause the same effect as drinking again from a River- that is, making your Geist to hate you, and twisting it by the strange powers of the Underworld as you work toward Cabeiro. It just seems appropriate, IMO.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Wow. The bonus preview is scary. The ferry man wants to break Dominions, destablize the underworld. Everyway forward is down, down to the Ocean...

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• Thanks for the Conditions guys!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
              Wow. The bonus preview is scary. The ferry man wants to break Dominions, destablize the underworld. Everyway forward is down, down to the Ocean...
              It's also intriguing and hints the Leviathan is no fan of the Chthonic Gods; after all, the "stable" system of the Underworld involves letting Reapers abuse people. I can see a Pilgrim cult worshiping the Leviathan, and being some of the most noble Sin-Eaters you've ever met; they're here to restore the proper order of the Underworld, one that helps you move on, not get trapped in your looping passions.

Comment

• As long as you pay the plasma to maintain it, Tomb ••••• can get you countless merits. Crazy powerful.

And you can create some freaky things with ••••• Tomb. I use a symbolic representation of UFO, of Aphrodite, and so on, to create them as merits.

Comment

• Is the Bonus Preview just an part of what's already going to be released in the other manuscript previews?
                  Mostly asking since I may only finish the Manuscript pt.2 Preview by like Sunday and I want to know if I need to stress about when to read the bonus preview.

(ie should I read the bonus preview(s) after I finish manuscript pt.2 but before pt.3? Or will I need to read them at all if they're included in the manuscript?)

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

• Originally posted by xiongrey View Post
                    Is the Bonus Preview just an part of what's already going to be released in the other manuscript previews?
                    Mostly asking since I may only finish the Manuscript pt.2 Preview by like Sunday and I want to know if I need to stress about when to read the bonus preview.

(ie should I read the bonus preview(s) after I finish manuscript pt.2 but before pt.3? Or will I need to read them at all if they're included in the manuscript?)
                    The bonus includes all the Conditions mentioned in Part 2 and several that aren't, and the Part 5 preview listing on the schedule says "(revisited)" next to the appendices. It's kind of essential to understanding, for example, what the basic effects of each Haunt entails or how crisis points interact with Synergy.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• It's the Conditions and Tilts section, so it was going to be released the last part of the last preview, on July 30th, as Appendix 2.

It seems to be made available mostly for reference, some things in Preview 2 calls upon Conditions and Tilts and you wouldn't otherwise know what they did until July 30th.

Comment

• Thank you for getting those conditions out to us so quickly!

Comment

• Say, how’s the mechanics for regular, non-Absent ghosts? Or is that part not out yet? I’m curious if anything changed, especially about Influences.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
                            Say, how’s the mechanics for regular, non-Absent ghosts? Or is that part not out yet? I’m curious if anything changed, especially about Influences.
                            Not out yet. If it is in the general rules section, then it is out next. If not, I expect to see it in the following preview which will have antagonists.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• The only changes to regular ghosts I predict are additional Numina and the Engulf Manifestation that had a Manifestation Condition in the second Appendix.

Conditions and Tilts are awesome, but please put rule specific Conditions and Tilts at those rules so we don't have to go back and forth in the book to read one rule. Moving Manifestation Conditions to the C&T Appendix is a step backwards in terms of book design, and I hope it changes back to the proper release. I also ask (though I realise only one fan is not much of an incentive to change your design guidelines) that Haunt Tilts are listed at their Haunts, and unique Conditions like Flatlining, Dead and Unleashed at the rules that invokes those Conditions. The Appendix works great for general Conditions that aren't tied to a single mechanic, but if you want to list all Conditions in alphabetical order there's a perfectly good index that already does just that, complete with page references.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                              Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                              Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Slightly out of place and ahead of time, but the more I learn about the new Underworld, the more I'm eager to know if and where 2nd Edition Ammut relates to it in some form.

Consumption and devouring, after all.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Working...
                                X