No announcement yet.

Geist Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting some things down for the eventual errata pass and/or in the event that they weren't already caught:

The Tomb's general writeup alludes to using it to heal living characters, but nothing about the Tomb Condition indicates how this is handled.

Similarly, nothing indicates what Tomb 3 making the Tomb Condition Persistent accomplishes, given that the duration of the Condition when left undisturbed is not part of its resolution mechanics and it's probably not the intent for Tomb to be the only Haunt that sheds the universal limitation of Haunts.

There is no indication of how long Haunts without a timer-based duration last for the purposes of Clash bonuses.

There seems to be an extra comma in the Wavering Condition, if the intent is to add a Willpower cost to any roll including Synergy rather than just any roll at all with an arbitrary highlight of the dicepool of Synergy.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• Will absolutely buy Giest condition cards

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• Only $1,017 to go for Ready Made Characters 2.0. Today, probably?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• So, can I say that I find the fact that Sin Eaters can leave ghosts behind a bit concerning? I mean, sure, we have many examples of living people leaving multiple ghosts through the course of their life- but that's the thing. They are living. The Bound are metaphysically dead. So that means that dead things can also leave ghosts behind. If that's the case, what stops ghosts from, well, leaving ghosts behind, like a matryoshka? Could corpses form ghosts of their own- like, if someone dies and their body gets preserved, and then the corpse is destroyed, would a ghost of the corpse would form? If someone dies, but everyone think they are alive, would a new ghost be formed when their death is discovered and mourned? How do we know that every time a Bound dies, they don't actually get revived, but are in fact the most recent "ghost" of their body? Else, why those deaths don't leave ghosts behind? At which point is something is "dead enough" that it could no longer produce a new ghost, if even death is not the actual limit for that process?

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Maybe because you need some memories to leave behind, and ghosts and sin-eaters might not count in regards to having memories like that (I figure, based on them remembering ghosts not giving them Essence). Just figuring here.
            Last edited by nofather; 07-11-2018, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
              So, can I say that I find the fact that Sin Eaters can leave ghosts behind a bit concerning? I mean, sure, we have many examples of living people leaving multiple ghosts through the course of their life- but that's the thing. They are living. The Bound are metaphysically dead. So that means that dead things can also leave ghosts behind. If that's the case, what stops ghosts from, well, leaving ghosts behind, like a matryoshka? Could corpses form ghosts of their own- like, if someone dies and their body gets preserved, and then the corpse is destroyed, would a ghost of the corpse would form? If someone dies, but everyone think they are alive, would a new ghost be formed when their death is discovered and mourned? How do we know that every time a Bound dies, they don't actually get revived, but are in fact the most recent "ghost" of their body? Else, why those deaths don't leave ghosts behind? At which point is something is "dead enough" that it could no longer produce a new ghost, if even death is not the actual limit for that process?
              Originally posted by nofather View Post
              Maybe because you need some memories to leave behind, and ghosts and sin-eaters might not count in regards to having memories like that (I figure, based on them remembering ghosts not giving them Essence). Just figuring here.
              It's probably just the original ghost that entered the Bargain with the geist. It's released rather than forced into the body again by the geist enforcing the Bargain.

Bloodline: The Stygians
              Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
              Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Unrelated to the current conversation, Death by Memoria is just the best.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
                Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinder View Post
                  Slightly out of place and ahead of time, but the more I learn about the new Underworld, the more I'm eager to know if and where 2nd Edition Ammut relates to it in some form.

Consumption and devouring, after all.
                  I normally wouldn't conflate the two, but a second of thought inclines me to think of it as her gullet.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                  The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                  Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
                  Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                    I normally wouldn't conflate the two, but a second of thought inclines me to think of it as her gullet.
                    I can't get away from the idea of She-With-Teeth-Like-Mountainous-Stalactites.

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                      So, can I say that I find the fact that Sin Eaters can leave ghosts behind a bit concerning? I mean, sure, we have many examples of living people leaving multiple ghosts through the course of their life- but that's the thing. They are living. The Bound are metaphysically dead. So that means that dead things can also leave ghosts behind. If that's the case, what stops ghosts from, well, leaving ghosts behind, like a matryoshka? Could corpses form ghosts of their own- like, if someone dies and their body gets preserved, and then the corpse is destroyed, would a ghost of the corpse would form? If someone dies, but everyone think they are alive, would a new ghost be formed when their death is discovered and mourned? How do we know that every time a Bound dies, they don't actually get revived, but are in fact the most recent "ghost" of their body? Else, why those deaths don't leave ghosts behind? At which point is something is "dead enough" that it could no longer produce a new ghost, if even death is not the actual limit for that process?
                      I believe it's still the original ghost that made the bargain. If you are talking about the option where it talks about asking the dm to continue as a ghost, I assume it's still the same ghost knocked out of its body again, the bargain has just been severed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Krewe Creation
                        You’re going to be making a few characters per player: the Sin-Eater main characters (with maybe a ghost or two), an iconic dead celebrant, and a handful of living ones.
                        Emphasis mine.

It says to create a main sin-eater character with maybe a ghost or two, then each player creates an iconic dead celebrant.

Is that redundant?

It basically says:
                        Each player creates:
                        - 1 Sin-Eater
                        - (optional) 1-2 Important Ghosts
                        - 1 Important Ghost
                        - 3-5 humans

The wording has me a little confused.

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

• Originally posted by xiongrey View Post
                          Emphasis mine.

It says to create a main sin-eater character with maybe a ghost or two, then each player creates an iconic dead celebrant.
                          I read it as each player creating:
                          - 1 main character, who might be either a Sin-Eater or a ghost
                          - 1 supporting ghost
                          - 2+ supporting mortals

I agree that the wording might be a bit confusing if you're not familiar with troupe-style play.

Comment

• I must admit that I'm curious about the Krewe/Organization subsystem. That's something I've been fiddling with for the last couple of years, pulling from Violence Groups in Hurt Locker and notes about Packs from The Pack.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• Originally posted by DSPaul View Post
                              I read it as each player creating:
                              - 1 main character, who might be either a Sin-Eater or a ghost
                              - 1 supporting ghost
                              - 2+ supporting mortals

I agree that the wording might be a bit confusing if you're not familiar with troupe-style play.
                              I'm very very familiar with troupe based play. It's mostly that text as well as the next paragraph (on Step One: The Sin-eaters) which indicates that even if a player created a Ghost as their main character, they'll still need to make a Sin-eater.

So with that I think its:
                              - 1 Main Character (either Sin-Eater or ghost)
                              - 1 Sin-Eater (if main character is a ghost)
                              - 1 Supporting ghost
                              - 2+ supporting mortals

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                                The Underworld is giving me digestive system vibes now.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Working...
                                X