No announcement yet.

Geist Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tomb looks really cool. I wonder though: If you are creating something that has a size equal to or less than your dots in Tomb, can you activate the Haunt without spending Plasm? My intuition is that you still need to spend at least one goo-point, but who knows?

Maggot Homunculus is so disgustingly evocative. I love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
      The Tomb looks really cool. I wonder though: If you are creating something that has a size equal to or less than your dots in Tomb, can you activate the Haunt without spending Plasm? My intuition is that you still need to spend at least one goo-point, but who knows?
      No, it costs a minimum of 1 Plasm. (That's why the Cost is listed as "1-4 Plasm," not "0-4 Plasm.")

Travis Stout
      Geist 2e Developer

Comment

• Looks like Inspired is missing from the conditions - not an issue for people who have the other books, but a bit surprising still.

Comment

• Trying to wrap my head around Keys and thinking - is it me or Doom is too easy to avoid? Like you're gaining 2-3 extra Plasm by unlocking, but then only need to spend 1 to avoid the Doom? Am I missing something?

Edit: Sorry for the double post.
          Last edited by Daigotsu Max; 07-12-2018, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• The Tomb Condition can be made permanent, i read on appendix, but how this work, exactly?
            An object or animal become permanent if dont touch the Bane of the Bound's Geist?

Comment

• Originally posted by Daigotsu Max View Post
              Trying to wrap my head around Keys and thinking - is it me or Doom is too easy to avoid? Like you're gaining 2-3 extra Plasm by unlocking, but then only need to spend 1 to avoid the Doom? Am I missing something?
              But if you use Plasm, you dont get a beat for the resolution of Doom Condition.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Throne View Post
                The Tomb Condition can be made permanent, i read on appendix, but how this work, exactly?
                An object or animal become permanent if dont touch the Bane of the Bound's Geist?
                It's effectly permant as long as you keep spending the plasm to maintain it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Throne View Post
                  The Tomb Condition can be made permanent, i read on appendix, but how this work, exactly?
                  Yes. Effectively it removes the need to pay the Plasm upkeep to maintain it.

Travis Stout
                  Geist 2e Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by GimpInBlack View Post

Yes. Effectively it removes the need to pay the Plasm upkeep to maintain it.
                    Thanks a lot!

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                      I normally wouldn't conflate the two, but a second of thought inclines me to think of it as her gullet.
                      It's a theory I can gladly agree with. I'm not saying that Geist should be the place for us to find story hooks about that, but I can't help but to eagerly wait for what Mummy will do with this new Underworld and its slow, painful, all-consuming nature.

And Ammut in general, because I'm a fan of hers

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

• Hey, early preview of the Legions of the Dead.

Quick summation:

1) The living can have ghosts of their past come to life; Phantom Limbs are a symbiotic version, but it's just as common, if not more so, for a Doppleganger to be a crazed, incomplete version of a person who desperately wants their living self to become who they left behind. And they merge.

2) Animals do not normally leave ghosts, but only because nobody sapient remembers them. Anyone who has owned a pet, or has developed a healthy fear or awe of a specific beast, can tell you that's not exactly impossible to thwart. Barghests are normally eaten by the Underworld when they move on, but ghosts with Animal Control can and do train them. Also, I have an excuse to post this:

3) Castoffs, the ghosts of objects, can and do get Numina, but they're robots. If it's not part of their "program", they literally cannot do it.

Comment

• So I know we’re not in the errata phase or anything so there are rough edges that’ll be smoothed out later like Root & Vine/Bloom (I must say tho, I prefer Vine since it’s nicely diametrically opposed).

But I am a little confused on how Touchstones work. More specifically what they represent and when you get them:

Character creation step 5 indicates that you choose 2 Touchstones at character creation (one symbolic of Root and the other symbolic of Vine).

However the section on Anchors indicates that you get one at character creation symbolic of your Burden, then you get another at synergy 3 representing your Geist’s Remembrance, and then you get a final third at synergy 6 representing your cause.

These two obviously can’t coexist so which do you think will be in the final version? I have to say I like the former a tad better but I don’t know how you would get more.

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

• Kinda surprised that the ghost city from Ghost Stories didn't got mention as an extremely powerful and intelligent Castoff- an anomaly, sure, but still something which I won't be surprised to see in a potential Night Horrors book for Geist.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• A Doppelgänger who fully consumes another ghost of the same person gains 1 Rank.
                              Am I a necromancer, or do I see an exploitable way to get super-powered ghosts (minion optional) without needing to have them visit the Underworld here?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

Am I a necromancer, or do I see an exploitable way to get super-powered ghosts (minion optional) without needing to have them visit the Underworld here?
                                Sounds like an Thanathalogist krewe experiment

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Working...
                                X