No announcement yet.

Geist Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've written things I'm proud of before, but the last one that sticks with me was extending the german theme of "Geist" to come up with Doppleganger and Barghest.

Dave Brookshaw, freelance writer and Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
      I've written things I'm proud of before, but the last one that sticks with me was extending the german theme of "Geist" to come up with Doppleganger and Barghest.
      It was a great idea, very flavorful, and it offers interesting plot hooks.

Comment

• I always love the Antagonist sections of the core book. Mage is one of my favourites and I feel Geist is quickly going to match it.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
        He/His Pronouns
        CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• So an animal whose death causes or at least risks Integrity loss in a human has a level of power and awareness as a ghost.

Which means that there is a greater than zero-percent chance that there is a Sin-Eater in the world bound to the Geist of Harambe.

Comment

• Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
            So an animal whose death causes or at least risks Integrity loss in a human has a level of power and awareness as a ghost.

Which means that there is a greater than zero-percent chance that there is a Sin-Eater in the world bound to the Geist of Harambe.
            I'm pretty sure there was a direct allusion to that in the text.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
            He/His Pronouns
            CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

I'm pretty sure there was a direct allusion to that in the text.
              Mon dieu, it seems you are right. That is what I get for reading something while still in the process of waking up.

Comment

• The part about Dopplegangers intrigues me. Maybe a antagonist that can weaponize his dopplegangers? also I want ghost dogs.

and on kickstarter news, we reached Ready made characters!

Comment

• Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post

Mon dieu, it seems you are right. That is what I get for reading something while still in the process of waking up.
                  Also worth noting (because I worked at a zoo) that aside from the meme, there are probably lots of Rank 1 Barghest floating around at zoos. Keepers get very attached to the animals in their care, especially the ones that have long lifespans. And in the cases where something goes horribly wrong and an animal has to be put down... odds are the person putting them down will fail their Breaking Point. Zookeepers see animals as individuals, not as creatures. Having to kill one of them is like having to kill your own family. And that's before you take the media into account.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
                  He/His Pronouns

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post
                    The part about Dopplegangers intrigues me. Maybe a antagonist that can weaponize his dopplegangers? also I want ghost dogs.

and on kickstarter news, we reached Ready made characters!
                    Sounds like excellent fodder for a necromancer if you ask me.

Comment

• I had a Mage antagonist in a chronicle who'd enslaved his own doppleganger as a Familiar

Dave Brookshaw, freelance writer and Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
                        I had a Mage antagonist in a chronicle who'd enslaved his own doppleganger as a Familiar
                        Fucking mages,am I right?

Comment

• Now I'm imagining a dentist somewhere in Minnesota being haunted by his much-publicized big-game trophies....

Comment

• There must be a Sin-Eater whose geist is a boat. Surely there's some way for an object to metaphysically trigger the 'drink' response at one of the rivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
                              There must be a Sin-Eater whose geist is a boat. Surely there's some way for an object to metaphysically trigger the 'drink' response at one of the rivers.
                              "...and this is my Geist, Boaty McBoatface."

(Foghorn noises in the distance)

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                                Also worth noting (because I worked at a zoo) that aside from the meme, there are probably lots of Rank 1 Barghest floating around at zoos. Keepers get very attached to the animals in their care, especially the ones that have long lifespans. And in the cases where something goes horribly wrong and an animal has to be put down... odds are the person putting them down will fail their Breaking Point. Zookeepers see animals as individuals, not as creatures. Having to kill one of them is like having to kill your own family. And that's before you take the media into account.
                                Thats why I am torn on having ectophagia on Barghest not be a breaking point. The ghostly eating of a beloved pet or zoo animal feels like it should hurt your integrity(or I guess synergy in this case) somehow because in the end you are just doing it for power and not survival. I myself would most likely homebrew that it would be a breaking point but maybe not a crisis point.

Comment

Working...
                                X