Geist Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

Dream bigger - form a Krewe that acts as a Barghest sanctuary. Rehabilitate all the Barghests! Transform the Underworld into a giant petting zoo.
    Oh, as that goes, I won't personally settle for anything less than the absolute destiny apocalypse-nothing less than the absolute shattering of the Underworld.

Buuuuut baby steps.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
    Work Blog Coming Soon
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• Goal after next adds The Wolf & the Raven, and The Forbidding Lands to the 1e bundle.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Is it just me or is there some real resemblance between the Ocean of Fragments and the Ocean Ouroboros/Abyss we see here? As well as the Hermit and the Old Man? It really feels like the Ocean of Fragments is the Underworlds 'reflection' of the Abyss, but that might just be Mage Supremacy™.

Also, I feel like the woman depicted on the lead coins all ghosts get is someone important in the big picture of the cosmology, anyone more into this that has some insight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Poseur View Post
          Is it just me or is there some real resemblance between the Ocean of Fragments and the Ocean Ouroboros/Abyss we see here? As well as the Hermit and the Old Man? It really feels like the Ocean of Fragments is the Underworlds 'reflection' of the Abyss, but that might just be Mage Supremacy™.

In a Geist-centric game, it could be the other way around - the ultimate bane of mages turning out to be the Underworld.

Also, I feel like the woman depicted on the lead coins all ghosts get is someone important in the big picture of the cosmology, anyone more into this that has some insight?
          I hear Wraith in the WoD has someone called the Lady of Fate; a nod to that figure, perhapa?

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• She's probably a leader of some sort.
            Last edited by nofather; 07-17-2018, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Poseur View Post
              Is it just me or is there some real resemblance between the Ocean of Fragments and the Ocean Ouroboros/Abyss we see here? As well as the Hermit and the Old Man? It really feels like the Ocean of Fragments is the Underworlds 'reflection' of the Abyss, but that might just be Mage Supremacy™.

It's not just feeling similarities. Lot of ways to play the correspondence.

The woman could be the Stygian Oracle, the Dark Mother, Death herself, or any number of other things.

Hell, it might be the one evidence we have of successful Catabasis.

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post

Hell, it might be the one evidence we have of successful Catabasis.
                Would that maybe be the wife of Azar?

Comment

• I forgot to bring this up, but:

The very clear implication about the link between Gates and geists, combined with the way Reapers work and the existence of the capacity for Tyranny in the bond of the Bargain, paints a very definite picture of how geists are treated differently between 1e and 2e.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                  Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by sufferian View Post

Would that maybe be the wife of Azar?
                    Possibly, though given Iset's mythological line throughout the ages, one wonders how she would end up on something strongly associated with the Greeks.

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

• I'm really liking the preview manuscript so far.

The Krewe rule are great, and applicable to other splat's groupings like cabals, packs, motleys, etc.

I was also contemplating how the Underworld and Reapers perceive and treat the undead like vampires and mummies. Do they consider them alive, dead, abominations? Do reapers need to "return" them to the Underworld, etc.?

Comment

• Originally posted by branford View Post
                        I'm really liking the preview manuscript so far.

The Krewe rule are great, and applicable to other splat's groupings like cabals, packs, motleys, etc.

I was also contemplating how the Underworld and Reapers perceive and treat the undead like vampires and mummies. Do they consider them alive, dead, abominations? Do reapers need to "return" them to the Underworld, etc.?
                        Vampires are dead, so the Underworld should see them as dead too. Mummies can't enter the Underworld.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

Vampires are dead, so the Underworld should see them as dead too.
                          Counterpoint: Vampires are corpses, which the Underworld doesn't seem to have any use for. It's only interested in the ephemeral dead, not the debris left behind when they form. A Reaper might be mildly confused by this particular piece of debris walking around, but they would likely view them the same as the living counterpart to a Doppelganger.

Comment

• Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
                            Descend is pretty frightening. I notice that it's listed as both a Manifestation and a Numen; is this intentional? The rules for each are just different enough to make me think it's not a typo.
                            Descent and Engulf are both Numina. The Manifestation version should have been cut, but apparently I didn't scour the manuscript thoroughly enough.

Travis Stout
                            Geist 2e Developer

Comment

• Is criticism permitted here? I expressed some misgivings about the then upcoming Changeling 20 (which turned out to be correct) on that forum and got a two year ban.

Has anyone complained about the use of the word "trigger" in chapter 3, like they did for the Brujah in the first V5 preview?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tau Neutrino View Post
                                Is criticism permitted here? I expressed some misgivings about the then upcoming Changeling 20 (which turned out to be correct) on that forum and got a two year ban.

Has anyone complained about the use of the word "trigger" in chapter 3, like they did for the Brujah in the first V5 preview?
                                Not that I’m aware of. (Is “trigger” a troublesome word? I must be missing some context here.)

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Working...
                                X