Geist Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
    To hear Travis tell it, the game had a lot more anachrotech / racing ghostly muscle cars in it in an early form, too.

He's even possessed by a (fallen) angel, so doubly fitting.

Anyway, I suppose this means the second edition has a much more unified vision since it's based on an existing game rather than Frankensteined from several ideas. That bodes well.

Bloodline: The Stygians
    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post

He's even possessed by a (fallen) angel, so doubly fitting.

Anyway, I suppose this means the second edition has a much more unified vision since it's based on an existing game rather than Frankensteined from several ideas. That bodes well.
      All new game lines are a mix of original pitch and then the ideas provided by the writing team as the game is fleshed out, but by the time we are hiring writers the core ideas are there - that spark is what starts the process. The pitch I sign off on contains the core idea for the game - sometimes that is all from one pitch, sometimes combined. Sometimes the pitcher is the one pulling together other ideas for a second pitch, sometimes I tell them to do that. But all that happens before it is signed off on and then more is added to the basic idea in the creation process.

What I'm saying is that game creation is rarely, if ever, something where a single shining idea is all you use or need from start to finish, and Geist 1 was no different.

Comment

I see. Still, I do expect the second edition to be primarily an improvement just like the other second editions.

Somewhat unrelated to the thread, but I'm curious what the initial idea for Beast was.

Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
          Somewhat unrelated to the thread, but I'm curious what the initial idea for Beast was.
          I've read that one of the early aspects (not necessarily the initial) was Dragons.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Comment

Under two hours to go!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
              Under two hours to go!
              Woop woop! Just lemme get my card ready...

Insert meme here.

Comment

Originally posted by ajf115 View Post

Insert meme here.
                Does this count?

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by ajf115 View Post

Insert meme here.
                  This one?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                  Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
                    So while we wait, something I've been meaning to ask:

What happened to Geist 1e that prevented it from getting a full gameline?

From the fragments I gathered, wasn't it less to do with lack of interest in the gameline and more BTS drama and legal issues?
                    This was actually discussed briefly in an episode of the OnyxPathcast. I'm pretty sure it was either episode 004 (interview with Ian AA Watson) or episode 005 (How To Make A Book).

Comment

It's happening: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rs-2nd-edition

Last edited by Vent0; 07-02-2018, 12:06 PM.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Hey Geist's campaign locations are also Dark eras. Makes a little sense really.

Also yeah looks like Archetypes are now things for the Kwere. I kinda like it actually. By going this way it feels like you are going to be building your own Covenants or Orders. Instead of subscribing to one philosophyyour making your own, very fitting to how it was in 1st Ed. My worry is how one would set up cross Archetype groups.

Comment

Things are moving quickly! Anyway time to read that first delicious manuscript preview. . .

Comment

Oooo, there's art in the preview doc! I think that's a first.

Edit: Damn you autocorrect...
                            Last edited by Second Chances; 07-02-2018, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Finally.
                              Now. We plan the waiting game for January 2020

Comment

And Backed!

Comment

Working...
                                X