Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geist Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Satchel View Post
    Per-session is only a thing at all for Vampire and Changeling
    And anyone with Virtue. Werewolf and Beast, meanwhile, have no frequency limit on full refreshes.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post

      And anyone with Virtue. Werewolf and Beast, meanwhile, have no frequency limit on full refreshes.
      So to be clear; mundanes, Mages, Demons, Ghosts, Angels, most 'minor' templates, Vampires and Changelings.


      Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
        And anyone with Virtue.
        I figured that was implied by my contrasting against mortal Anchors in the very next sentence.

        Werewolf and Beast, meanwhile, have no frequency limit on full refreshes.
        Neither does Promethean. Again, see "usually not things that it's advisable or possible to do very frequently in the first place."
        Last edited by Satchel; 10-05-2018, 08:41 PM.


        Resident Sanguinary Analyst
        Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

        Comment


        • Unrelated to anything, behold, Bestow Regalia.


          (I'm sorry-not-sorry)


          Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
          Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
          Currently Working On: The Noble and the Sovereign, Blog

          Comment


          • Has anyone heard of any Geist 2E character sheets in the works? I've been rereading the kickstarter manuscript and would love to see a visual of a character sheet

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Satchel View Post
              I figured that was implied by my contrasting against mortal Anchors in the very next sentence.

              Neither does Promethean. Again, see "usually not things that it's advisable or possible to do very frequently in the first place."
              I realise this is a bit of a necro, but... Mages effectively have two vices, as they regain Willpower through exceptional successes on their spells without any limits *as well* as having a mortal Vice.


              Dave Brookshaw

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
                I realise this is a bit of a necro, but... Mages effectively have two vices, as they regain Willpower through exceptional successes on their spells without any limits *as well* as having a mortal Vice.
                Right, but by that metric vampires have no limits on Willpower recovery through gambling on frenzy resistance; pending previews to the contrary for Loyalty and Conviction in Deviant, every Anchor so far uses a core mechanic of "you do this thing and you get Willpower" with no specific need for rolled actions. Spellcasting's relation to Willpower recovery (particularly through Praxes) is closer to Vampire's use of the Predatory Aura as a vector for the Inspired Condition than it is to a standard Vice — the latter doesn't usually require a good roll to land.


                Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

                Comment


                • Reading over the effects of the caul I realised that mixing a few of the vitiate abilities from the caul would allow a sin eater to turn into a shoggoth with enough plasm. Sin eaters are truly the most terrifying of all supernaturals.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Darkfoxdev View Post
                    Reading over the effects of the caul I realised that mixing a few of the vitiate abilities from the caul would allow a sin eater to turn into a shoggoth with enough plasm. Sin eaters are truly the most terrifying of all supernaturals.
                    It's that 'with enough Plasm' bit that trips you up.


                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
                      It's that 'with enough Plasm' bit that trips you up.
                      For a high tyranny bonepicker antagonist I was working on who is all to happy to commit ectophagia once he traps an entire town in a blizzard that won't be the biggest problem.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
                        It's that 'with enough Plasm' bit that trips you up.
                        Max out some Attribute and get a lot of Keys for it.


                        Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

                        Comment


                        • Have a Key with an Unlock Attribute at 3 or more dots. Unlock a Haunt with that Key for one Plasm, spend another Plasm to ignore the Doom, and get more free Plasm than you just spent. Cancel the Haunt and repeat ad infinitum for literally infinite Plasm and all you need is to have an Unlock Attribute at 3+.


                          Bloodline: The Stygians
                          Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                          Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                            Have a Key with an Unlock Attribute at 3 or more dots. Unlock a Haunt with that Key for one Plasm, spend another Plasm to ignore the Doom, and get more free Plasm than you just spent. Cancel the Haunt and repeat ad infinitum for literally infinite Plasm and all you need is to have an Unlock Attribute at 3+.





                            Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                              Have a Key with an Unlock Attribute at 3 or more dots. Unlock a Haunt with that Key for one Plasm, spend another Plasm to ignore the Doom, and get more free Plasm than you just spent. Cancel the Haunt and repeat ad infinitum for literally infinite Plasm and all you need is to have an Unlock Attribute at 3+.
                              "Just use your magical death-powers constantly" is never going to be a trivial thing. Also, "cancel the Haunt" isn't a thing — Haunts end when their Conditions do, which largely means you have to be using them to get the Plasm back.


                              Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                              Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

                              Comment


                              • It's mechanically trivial to activate them and most if not all of them are trivially easy to end their Conditions prematurely. Often by spending the single charge you paid Plasm for.
                                I have heard that this loop will be changed in the released version just because it's so easy to abuse, though.


                                Bloodline: The Stygians
                                Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                                Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X