No announcement yet.

Geist Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it gets sluggish I may have to ask the mrs if i can pour more into the ks. I haven’t gotten to read anything of it yet. But I want it bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
      I think that's Dawkins.

I do get around.

Matthew Dawkins
      In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

As non-native speaker I gotta ask - is Krewe pronounced any different from crew?

Comment

Nope, Krewe is pronounced as Crew I believe.

That ending bit at the end of the preview with the Vampire has interesting yet disturbing implications.

Comment

So the playable ghosts are the Absent- ghosts which trade in memories in order to survive the Underworld's eternal hunger. Looks interesting.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by Daigotsu Max View Post
              As non-native speaker I gotta ask - is Krewe pronounced any different from crew?
              it is Infact pronounced “Crew”.

It’s what you call a group of people working on a parade float for madi gras

Comment

Oh and not sure if mentioned yet: while I don't think it's explicitly talked about in the Campaign page, the Pledge Rewards do make reference to a Geist Companion, titled "Memento Mori".

Comment

I'm having trouble finding where to get my manuscript from. I made the $50 pledge, but I can't seem to find where I can download the PDF. Help?

Comment

Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
                    I'm having trouble finding where to get my manuscript from. I made the $50 pledge, but I can't seem to find where I can download the PDF. Help?
                    ajf115 From the main page for the Geist 2e Kickstarter, look for a set of 5 tabs (just under the kickstarter video). Select "Updates".

The Preview will be there. It will be hidden unless a pledge is made.

EDIT: now that I look a little harder, there is also a banner that says "Click HERE for backer's-only manuscript previews" about a third of the way down the page (Next to the Krewe pledge, and just under the cool picture of two people sitting down with a large skeletal figure behind them).
                    Last edited by xiongrey; 07-02-2018, 06:45 PM.

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

$7,475 to go...

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
                        Oh and not sure if mentioned yet: while I don't think it's explicitly talked about in the Campaign page, the Pledge Rewards do make reference to a Geist Companion, titled "Memento Mori".
                        Yes! More will be revealed as we unlock the stretch goals. You know, with keys. Because Geist. (I'll see myself out.)

In-House Developer for Chronicles of Darkness and Exalted

Comment

Originally posted by xiongrey View Post
                          ajf115 From the main page for the Geist 2e Kickstarter, look for a set of 5 tabs (just under the kickstarter video). Select "Updates".

The Preview will be there. It will be hidden unless a pledge is made.
                          Ah, thanks a bunch.

Comment

Backed it. Was slightly disappointed to see the 'Sin-Eaters die of old age' thing stayed for this edition, but that's mostly a personal preference thing. It's looking fun so far!

Revlid wrote:
                            Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

Originally posted by DixieCyanide View Post

Yes! More will be revealed as we unlock the stretch goals. You know, with keys. Because Geist. (I'll see myself out.)
                              I was actually thinking earlier that a version of Locke & Key adapted into CofD using Geist would be pretty cool.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Think this book will have abmortals in it?

Comment

Working...
                                X