Geist Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aiden View Post
    Backed it. Was slightly disappointed to see the 'Sin-Eaters die of old age' thing stayed for this edition, but that's mostly a personal preference thing. It's looking fun so far!
    It’s also easily house ruled away or addressed through new Merits. If memory serves me correctly, I believe that Changeling: The Lost has a Merit that could easily be adapted.

Jason Ross Inczauskis
    Freelance Writer
    Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, TC In Media Res
    Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action (Alban, Beelzebub, Oxblood Mold, Whispering Oak); C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

Originally posted by MrOwl View Post
      Think this book will have abmortals in it?
      I think that they already said that they don’t appear in the core, but I could be mistaken.

Jason Ross Inczauskis
      Freelance Writer
      Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action (Alban, Beelzebub, Oxblood Mold, Whispering Oak); C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

I think that they already said that they don’t appear in the core, but I could be mistaken.
        This is what I remember as well, though I can't remember where I saw it specifically. They're not listed in the glossary while Eaters of the Dead, Kerberoi, and Reapers are, so it seems pretty unlikely they'll appear in the core. I would have liked to see them, but there's always Night Horrors...or failing that, homebrew. ;>

Comment

Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

ah well. Book is still awesome. As cherubic said. Will be great for a night horrors book.

Also. We’re so close to goal.

Comment

Originally posted by MrOwl View Post
            Think this book will have abmortals in it?
            Sort of? The Eaters of the Dead qualify as abmortals, but that term doesn't appear to be there. Might show up later.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by Cherubic View Post
              This is what I remember as well, though I can't remember where I saw it specifically. They're not listed in the glossary while Eaters of the Dead, Kerberoi, and Reapers are, so it seems pretty unlikely they'll appear in the core. I would have liked to see them, but there's always Night Horrors...or failing that, homebrew. ;>
              I expect Night Horrors for that one. I can’t wait to see what shows up in that one! Honestly, I’m kind of hoping they’ll tap me for it, as I’ve got an antagonist idea I’m dying to write (pun intended), provided I get the opportunity.
              That said, by the sound of it, I don’t think we’ll be lacking for exciting antagonists in the core. The more I’m hearing about it, the more excited I’m becoming for this game. I’m looking forward to backing it.

Jason Ross Inczauskis
              Freelance Writer

Comment

Backed it. Was slightly disappointed to see the 'Sin-Eaters die of old age' thing stayed for this edition, but that's mostly a personal preference thing. It's looking fun so far!
                Fearing death is a sad thing for a Sin-Eater.

Neall Raemonn Price
                Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

From what I recall yes, Abmortals are not in the corebook but were mentioned to maybe show back up in a supplement book.

Comment

kickstarter got fully funded now all that left are stretchgoals.
                    Last edited by reaperfrost8; 07-02-2018, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Officially funded! Yeaah!

Comment

From James:

At $65,000 in funding - Memento Mori: Mementos – A section on Mementos will be written for Memento Mori, the Geist: The Sin-Eaters 2nd Edition Companion. A PDF version of Memento Mori will be added to the rewards list for all backers receiving the Geist: The Sin-Eaters 2nd Edition PDF.

At $75,000 in funding - Memento Mori: Krewe Regalia & Ceremonies – A section on krewe regalia and ceremonies will be written for Memento Mori, the Geist: The Sin-Eaters 2nd Edition Companion. Let's keep it up and see how many Stretch Goals we can bring up from the Underworld!

#SecondChances
                        #Geist
                        The hashtags are really tickling me.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
                        He/His Pronouns
                        CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

It makes sense given the shift to focus on them clinging to life by their teeth - there’s no reason people who die from old age related health issues wouldn’t be capable of being driven to cling to life and not want to go.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
                            So while we wait, something I've been meaning to ask:

What happened to Geist 1e that prevented it from getting a full gameline?

From the fragments I gathered, wasn't it less to do with lack of interest in the gameline and more BTS drama and legal issues?
                            Rich talks about it more in today's MMN: http://theonyxpath.com/2nd-chance-fo...meeting-notes/

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
                            He/His Pronouns
                            CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

Rich talks about it more in today's MMN: http://theonyxpath.com/2nd-chance-fo...meeting-notes/
                              I noticed.

Thanks, RichT !

Comment

First Changeling and now Geist. All when I can’t pay up for Reasons. Sigt. I’m seething with jealousy here.

Speaking of which, some questions that I hope don’t compromise the rights of those who paid; can Bound/ghosts/Geists come from intense jealousy? Common in Asian ghost stories. And speaking of ghosts, what are the Absent absent of? What makes them different from regular ghosts?

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Working...
                                X