Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geist Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is there a possibility of getting some add ons or reward tiers that include Dark Eras stuff in it? Ive been meaning to pick them up anyways~

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SoulGambit View Post
      Is there a possibility of getting some add ons or reward tiers that include Dark Eras stuff in it? Ive been meaning to pick them up anyways~
      That's a good thought! I'll bring it up. (May end up being a stretch goal thing?)


      In-House Developer for Chronicles of Darkness and Exalted

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DixieCyanide View Post

        That's a good thought! I'll bring it up. (May end up being a stretch goal thing?)
        A bundle with Mortal Remains and Glimpses of the Unknown could be another possibility.


        Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

        CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

        Comment


        • Or interactions that might not be covered by the crossover book. People are always asking how one splat interacts with another, like how a ghostly Ulgan might be viewed by a Sin-Eater or how a Sin-Eater or their geist might interact with a previously-recorded Unchained pact. Sometimes we get it in new, later books, but given that people like stretch goals a Kickstarter might be a good opportunity to try it out. Sort of like Mage20's 'How do You DO That?!?!' except with one question mark, no exclamations and about crossover.

          EDIT: I just backed and haven't read up on everything yet, if this is already a thing great.
          Last edited by nofather; 07-04-2018, 01:50 PM.

          Comment


          • I'm not sure why it took me until reading the Krewe Archetype writeups to cotton on to the possibility that Geist could be where those organizational rules Deviant is going to make use of first show up.


            Resident Sanguinary Analyst
            Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Neall View Post
              Fearing death is a sad thing for a Sin-Eater.
              It's not fearing death, it's loving life.


              Revlid wrote:
              Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Aiden View Post
                It's not fearing death, it's loving life.
                They manage that just fine without living forever and the immediacy of your second chance kind of goes away when you have eternity to work on the problem.

                "I don't want to stop living eventually" is not a phrase for joy and lasting healthy connection in a framework where fear and attachment literally create people who cannot grow and are doomed to descend into suffering without intervention.

                It would be thematically incoherent for the default state of Sin-Eaters to be permanence in the world they inhabit.


                Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                  I'm not sure why it took me until reading the Krewe Archetype writeups to cotton on to the possibility that Geist could be where those organizational rules Deviant is going to make use of first show up.

                  Finally, Christ.

                  Yes, the Krewe rules are the first use of the Chronicles' bright new organization-level subsystem.


                  Dave Brookshaw, freelance writer and Developer

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post


                    Finally, Christ.

                    Yes, the Krewe rules are the first use of the Chronicles' bright new organization-level subsystem.
                    Aaand now I'm excited. I haven't been following Deviant stuff, so I had no idea there was such a system coming.


                    I call the Integrity-analogue the "subjective stat".
                    An explanation how to use Social Manuevering.
                    Guanxi Explanations: 1, 2, 3.

                    Comment


                    • The preview has been an interesting read so far but ngl I am itching to see the Haunts - the small allusions to them in the write ups are quite tantalizing.

                      (And I'm glad it looks like they've dropped the awkwardly shoved in elemental themes)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Daigotsu Max View Post
                        (And I'm glad it looks like they've dropped the awkwardly shoved in elemental themes)
                        The Elemental Keys are still there — the remaining five fill the niches of the old Thresholds.


                        Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                        Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                          The Elemental Keys are still there — the remaining five fill the niches of the old Thresholds.
                          Oh, thank you. Must have missed that. Excited to see how those work as well.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                            They manage that just fine without living forever and the immediacy of your second chance kind of goes away when you have eternity to work on the problem.

                            "I don't want to stop living eventually" is not a phrase for joy and lasting healthy connection in a framework where fear and attachment literally create people who cannot grow and are doomed to descend into suffering without intervention.

                            It would be thematically incoherent for the default state of Sin-Eaters to be permanence in the world they inhabit.
                            I was correcting an assumption about my own feelings and inclinations on the matter, not contradicting the arbitrarily chosen themes and points of a fictional game. I don't mean arbitrary in a negative fashion, for reference.

                            I like what I'm seeing, overall.


                            Revlid wrote:
                            Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Aiden View Post
                              I was correcting an assumption about my own feelings and inclinations on the matter, not contradicting the arbitrarily chosen themes and points of a fictional game. I don't mean arbitrary in a negative fashion, for reference.
                              I mean, negative or not I feel as though it's a mistake to call themes of obligation and carpe diem in a game built around constantly seeing the struggles of the trapped unquiet dead "arbitrary." The edition's shifts to how the Underworld operates didn't exactly pull "ghosts are temporary and it kinda sucks to be one" out of nowhere, nor did "you've been brought back from death's door by a ghost that's partaken of the horrible dwelling-place of unbound specters" become more viable as a place for cruelty-free immortality.

                              That's a context where no assumptions need be made about your own feelings on immortality, because it's the context of you expressing disappointment that a thing that has no reason to happen and several reasons not to didn't happen, and then responding to a point of commentary that engages with one of those reasons as though it were a commentary on your own feelings on immortality.

                              The nature of Burdens means Sin-Eaters are going to be fairly goal-oriented characters; even the Hungry anchor on notionally-finite pursuits rather than an abstract joie de vivre. It's not going to be just love of living that keeps one of them looking to stick around for good.


                              Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                              Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

                              Comment


                              • So I am super excited. Geist is the first thing I have ever backed on Kickstarter. Also shout out to all the writers and everyone else on the book. The first preview is really excellent.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X