No announcement yet.

Geist Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $2,600 or so to Regalia and Ceremonies...

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• I'm surprised no one has meantioned, but update 4 has some new info on Keys.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2230809

It looks pretty cool. I'm always about the wild places, so the Key of Beast tickled me, but Blood and Chance are also both very evocative. Also interesting to note is that you can resolve the Doomed condition by helping a ghost with one of their anchors that resonates with Key. So Dooms don't have to inconvenience you as long as you keep helping ghosts.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
        I'm surprised no one has meantioned, but update 4 has some new info on Keys.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2230809

It looks pretty cool. I'm always about the wild places, so the Key of Beast tickled me, but Blood and Chance are also both very evocative. Also interesting to note is that you can resolve the Doomed condition by helping a ghost with one of their anchors that resonates with Key. So Dooms don't have to inconvenience you as long as you keep helping ghosts.
        Bet you Eaters of the Dead can find a way to toss those off onto other people.

Anyways, I'm a general fan of risk/reward mechanics where a boon now can get you into trouble later, so I am all for this stuff. Lots of fun to be had with Keys.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
        Work Blog Coming Soon
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
          Bet you Eaters of the Dead can find a way to toss those off onto other people.

Anyways, I'm a general fan of risk/reward mechanics where a boon now can get you into trouble later, so I am all for this stuff. Lots of fun to be had with Keys.
          It's also extremely fitting how fickle Chance is about actual doom...and how its conditions mean it's likely you know perfectly well when it's going to trigger, and can get adequate protection. Chance is all about ignoring warning signs too.

Comment

• I also like how the general Boon/Doom dynamic reinforces the concept that the Underworld will get its due. Power has a price (or in this case, a credit limit).

Comment

• I don't want to derail this thread, but after reading the section on krewe archetypes and Burdens, I was wondering: How would you update the Geist Ready-made characters, the Crossroads Drifters? I think they can be defined as a Necropolitan krewe, but I'm not sure about their burdens, and I'm interested in your opinions, as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zooroos View Post
                I don't want to derail this thread, but after reading the section on krewe archetypes and Burdens, I was wondering: How would you update the Geist Ready-made characters, the Crossroads Drifters? I think they can be defined as a Necropolitan krewe, but I'm not sure about their burdens, and I'm interested in your opinions, as well.
                I don't know the ready-Made characters much but I get the feeling that they could likely be classified as one of a few.

The 2nd Ed burdens all seem to be "unfinished business" which can be directed into multiple different directions depending on how one looks at it.

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

• Originally posted by xiongrey View Post
                  I don't know the ready-Made characters much but I get the feeling that they could likely be classified as one of a few.

The 2nd Ed burdens all seem to be "unfinished business" which can be directed into multiple different directions depending on how one looks at it.

Ironically, they tie better into the Horsemen of the Apocalypse than the Thresholds ever did, despite that symbolism being dropped:

Abiding: Conquest, the will to leave an empire that will last centuries overcoming your own mortality.

Bereaved: Death, those who died while still living, and live while still dead.

Hungry: Famine, a starvation so potent that being in the grave was just ignored to sate it. Bonus points for being generally cerebral enough to actually use scales properly.

Kindly: Hades, who rides behind Death and seeks to establish his kingdom in his comrade's wake. A good king who seeks restitution for the sins of the destroyed world.

Vengeance: War, and I sincerely hope I don't have to explain why.

Comment

• I wonder how quickly I can blow through my mobile data package hitting the refresh button to check the total.

This is my... Sixth? Seventh? KS and I don't think I've been as excited to see where the next stretch goal leads since probably Demon.

Raymond "Fen" Sempek
                    Just here to back Kickstarters, and drink all of your Monster.

Comment

• Regalia and Ceremonies are so close I can almost hear the faux-Latin chanting.

Comment

• So, after finally having time ti go through the Preview, I just wanted to say that (while the whole thing is awesome) the thing I liked the most was the casual mention that the older Sin Eaters cared much more about the Ocean than the modern kind, and no one really understands why, making it a mystery which has a very simple solution- the Ocean simply was once much closer, and the water level keeps going down. I still wonder to where the water go to, however :P

All in all, it is very evocative description of the Bellow, and I really do like whats going on. Now I kinda wonder about what role the Kereboi actually play in the setting- I've thought that considering that the Old Laws allow a ghost to withstand the Underworld's hunger they will be with some conflict with its rulers, but it seems like they have the ability/authority to command Reapers. Yikes. I've also liked the new "endgame" path for Sin Eaters as trying to become death gods by their own right, in addition to Catharsis and Catabasis. Good stuff, good stuff.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
                          Regalia and Ceremonies are so close I can almost hear the faux-Latin chanting.
                          Hey! Our faux-Latin chanting is spiritually significant and highly resonant in the Underworld!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
                            Regalia and Ceremonies are so close I can almost hear the faux-Latin chanting.

Bunkus! Nonsuch! Gibberos! Gobbleygoos!
                            Last edited by Leliel; 07-06-2018, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                              So, after finally having time ti go through the Preview, I just wanted to say that (while the whole thing is awesome) the thing I liked the most was the casual mention that the older Sin Eaters cared much more about the Ocean than the modern kind, and no one really understands why, making it a mystery which has a very simple solution- the Ocean simply was once much closer, and the water level keeps going down. I still wonder to where the water go to, however :P

All in all, it is very evocative description of the Bellow, and I really do like whats going on. Now I kinda wonder about what role the Kereboi actually play in the setting- I've thought that considering that the Old Laws allow a ghost to withstand the Underworld's hunger they will be with some conflict with its rulers, but it seems like they have the ability/authority to command Reapers. Yikes. I've also liked the new "endgame" path for Sin Eaters as trying to become death gods by their own right, in addition to Catharsis and Catabasis. Good stuff, good stuff.
                              I like that! Ok so Tin Foil Hat time: Kerberoi and the Dead Dominions could legit be the reason the Ocean is further below then it used to be. Remember how it was stated that the DDs have a tendancy to not last forever and just kinda sink into the land? Taken over a larger period of time it's almost like Kerberoi use some sort of arcane set of rules (the Old Laws) to erode/dig the edges of the Underworld.

/shrug

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

• It's possibly also equally valid that it might not just be the ocean receding, but also the underworld itself growing above the sea level by consuming ghosts and using them as material for land and walls.

Comment

Working...
                                X