X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Chances
    started a topic Geist Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Geist Kickstarter Discussion Thread

It is time for a second chance! The Geist: the Sin-Eater Kickstarter is coming on Monday July 2 at noon EDT. Talk about it here.

Beware the ghosts bearing masks.

Link
    Last edited by Second Chances; 07-02-2018, 12:04 PM.

• Leliel
    replied
    Can I say I found a lot of the Dominions humorous?

Neon Table seems to be a place where the Bouncer is awfully chummy for a Keberos, being her own gatekeeper and also having gendered pronouns, but as horrifying as it is given context, there's just something incredibly amusing about the mental image of a Sin-Eater begging not to affix the bartender uniform upon them.

"AHH! NOT THE BOWTIE! ANYTHING BUT THE BOWTIE!"

Leave a comment:

• Lorekeeper
    replied
    Originally posted by reaperfrost8 View Post
    Just wondering about this but does the void haunt permanently kill a sin eater if hes killed by it or can he resurrect as usual?

Seeing as it mentions that being consumed by it means that theres no escape.
    Given the wording and the implications of the fluff, it seems that the Void will consume Sin-Eater and Geist whole, which you kinda need your Geist to bring you back to survive.

So yes, it seems to be a perma-death thing no matter the current Synergy

Leave a comment:

• reaperfrost8
    replied
    Just wondering about this but does the void haunt permanently kill a sin eater if hes killed by it or can he resurrect as usual?

Seeing as it mentions that being consumed by it means that theres no escape.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by Minty View Post
    Does the Doppelganger created by Bloody Mary Done Me Wrong cease to exist once the Duration expires, or does it merely lose the Aspirations provided by the Ceremony? If it's the former, that seems... really messed up.
    As opposed to creating a new person to fulfill a purpose and then left to suffer ghostly Twilight and the Underworld without an actual Anchor? I was writing for Sin-eaters, not mages.

The Sin Doppelganger is a Meeseeks. It lives to enjoy it's purpose and then moves on having fulfilled equanmity by terms of the occult rules of the Ceremony. It would be cruel for it to persist beyond the confines of the Ceremony's intent.

NOW, Boulevard of Winter's Lost is actively a ritual for assisted suicide that will challenge your Synergy, and Law Writ in Blood is totally an excuse to enact a Cabin In The Woods ritual (perhaps a bit kinder).

I didn't quite execute it, but I did intend for at least a third of the Ceremonies to push the boundaries of what Sin-Eater Krewes would find comfortable. The route to the throne of heaven may not inherently kill virtue along the way in Geist, but that's not to suggest it doesn't try.
    Last edited by ArcaneArts; 12-19-2019, 09:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Minty
    replied
    Does the Doppelganger created by Bloody Mary Done Me Wrong cease to exist once the Duration expires, or does it merely lose the Aspirations provided by the Ceremony? If it's the former, that seems... really messed up.

Leave a comment:

• Korogra
    replied
    While I don’t agree with that, any storyteller can make any mechanical in game effect work, I do admit that the opportunity to actually make use of it is .. difficult at the very best of times.

But I have noticed something about Well that is very rare for the Chronicles of Darkness: it can give a single player character the means to plunge the living world into utter ruin if the “Right” River has been supped from.

The River of Life specifically. It’s waters recede and are used up each time a bit of it is imbibed, bringing its waters into the living world would be an irresistible, and extremely irresponsible temptation to indulge. Even though these waters don’t linger, the power of the River is still being used, so it is still being depleted.. what do you suppose would happen if a misguided Sin-Eater tries to use his new connection to the River to heal the masses?

The Void can be devastating, but that damage is more often than not going to be highly localized. With the River of Life, the havoc one could unintentionally cause is much, much further reaching.
    Last edited by Korogra; 12-19-2019, 02:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Some real dope mementos in the set. The Honeyed Mourning Cloth seems neat for reasons I can't articulate.

Glad to see Cassini made it to the final cut. Also enjoying the formula for the krewe archetypes' opening paragraphs.

Curious what the "natural" end state is for the Void and the Well, given that I can presently find no way for the Haunt-standard exceptional success effect to actually kick in, but they're definitely flavorful.

Leave a comment:

• milo v3
    replied
    I really like the Void Haunt, though I'm not sure what sort of dicepool people are meant to be making with their Void 2 ranged attacks.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post

I meant the one to Grace Hunts In Hollywood, though I have an inkling you may have been behind Mama Crow?
    All of the Regalia and Ceremonies Chapter is my messy baby. Apologies about the messiness, by the way-the entire process was riddled with a lot of things happening, definitely the roughest period I've written in so far.

On that note, Vera has final say, but after evaluating the changes and tweaking the values based on the final product, here's what my take on it was*:

Furies
    Bloody Mary Done Me Wrong: 1-Dot
    Boulevard of Winters Lost: 3-Dot
    Law Writ in Blood: 5-Dot

Mourners
    Play It Forward: 5-Dot
    Extended Checkout: 1-Dot
    DJ Amadeus's Sick Flow: 3-Dot

Necropolitans
    Come As You Are: 4-Dot
    L'amour du Vide: 2-Dot
    My Twenty Dollar Cherubim: 3-Dot

Pilgrims
    Losing the Religion: 1-Dot
    Tripitaka's Journey: 3-Dot
    Running with Atropos' Scissors: 5-Dot

Undertakers
    For Those Who Are Left: 1-Dot
    What's Old is New: 2-Dot
    Walking the Destroyer's Path: 4-Dot

*Now mind you, that's with me being a little shaky on the nature of temporary anchors and how to balance that against how some ceremonies are more regular practice and others are grand rituals and honestly that I just basically went wild on the ideas.

Leave a comment:

• espritdecalmar
    replied
    Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    Which one? I originally had a lot of little nods.
    I meant the one to Grace Hunts In Hollywood, though I have an inkling you may have been behind Mama Crow?

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    That's a nice little unexpected cameo in the Regalia section.
    Which one? I originally had a lot of little nods.

Leave a comment:

• Leliel
    replied

I know. Oh, those sweet summer death priests....

Leave a comment:

• espritdecalmar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Minty
    replied
    What dice pool should you use when using Annihilation of Form to make ranged attacks? Also, what constitutes "short range"?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X