No announcement yet.

Inspirational Material

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I've just watched Netflix's Bleach, I got some new interpretations on Geist matters of it...

Bleach
    The original anime and Netflix's movie ( surprising good adaptation, I may add ) can be seen as much lighter Geist game. If Shinigami ('Gods of Death') are very human looking Japanese going full samurai-style Reapers ( using Death Swords instead of Death Masks ) defending series Underworld ( Soul Society ) from dead running from it. Shinigami are also taking care that Underworld beings do crossing over and destroying Living World. Protagonist, Ichigo, is first Sin-Eater in this world as he is still living teenager that's survives his death and in Bound-like event becomes part time Shinigami ( so part Reaper ) - and by this is ostracized in Soul Society. And if you still wonder on this as Geist inspiration - just see those terrifying looking Chthonians ( Hollows ) attacking humans! ( Origins of those in Bleach is different than Chthonians from Geist, but just see those arts! )

Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-27-2018, 12:10 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Rewatched with my partner today...

Beetlejuice

It's a more comedy than horror, but it has some cool Geist stuff. Story is about young married couple of self-aware ghosts ( Rank 2 ). They beloved house ( being their Anchor ) is taken by new big city family that drives the dead crazy. They summon Absent from Underworld that is known from making humans run away and make a deal with him for the Essence. In the meantime, couple befriend daughter of new home owners that is medium ( some inspiration for Sin-Eaters here ). In the end married ghosts and teenager need to send Absent away, as he is more a problem than solver. In movie there is also interesting take on modern Underworld as civil services and very cool way to create Avernian Gates.
      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-30-2018, 02:24 PM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

The avatars from .Hack G.U. as geists and the AIDA as Cthonians.

Comment

Working...
        X