X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    I'm only starting to read previews ( being in Chapter 1 ), but I'm still not getting this.
    I would recommend at least getting current with the previews before you start brainstorming houserules that don't actually offer a meaningful change.

Archetypes - as written - are all 'we make those things with the Dead, on general'. You do not need some one global organisation for having characters with common interests. Like Refinemnts in Promethean - they are much more philosophical ways of seeing life than common groups 'made in this and that year, by this and that NPC', like Covenants in Vampire are. Still, I really do not see reasons why 'people wanting Justice for Dead' or 'people wanting Knowledge from Dead' should not self create all over the world.
    Your krewe's Archetype is one of three different steps of the krewe creation process that defines it narratively as an organization. They literally don't exist except as umbrella categories for types of krewe. These are not abstract entities.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchel View Post
    As-written, this effectively necessitates that your PCs belong to different krewes — these are not global organizations with the numbers to allow their focus to be split between wildly varying long-term goals, they are a couple dozen people, some of whom are dead, and that means the shared character of "your Sin-Eaters' krewe" is a coherent entity with beliefs and aspirations.
    I'm only starting to read previews ( being in Chapter 1 ), but I'm still not getting this. Archetypes - as written - are all 'we make those things with the Dead, on general'. You do not need some one global organisation for having characters with common interests. Like Refinements in Promethean - they are much more philosophical ways of seeing life than common groups 'made in this and that year, by this and that NPC', like Covenants in Vampire are. Still, I really do not see reasons why 'people wanting Justice for Dead' or 'people wanting Knowledge from Dead' should not self create all over the world.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 04-26-2019, 08:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    As-written, this effectively necessitates that your PCs belong to different krewes — these are not global organizations with the numbers to allow their focus to be split between wildly varying long-term goals, they are a couple dozen people, some of whom are dead, and that means the shared character of "your Sin-Eaters' krewe" is a coherent entity with beliefs and aspirations.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X