Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - Geist edition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I mistaken in thinking there can be a lot of overlap in the Abiding and Hungry burdens? They both seem to be about wanting something more. At first I was thinking the Hungry was sort of regressive, with them wanting more of something they already had, and the Abiding wanting something they never had, like the example Giorgia who neglected their family for their business and is trying to now build family ties.

Anyone have a 'simple' way to separate these two?

Also, if someone wanted to have a Bound and Geist that knew each other in life, how would you go about it? Would you just make Remembrances trickier to get at? Like a husband and a wife, but the husband never knew about the wife's first love at that summer camp a decade before they met, or she never knew how his family disliked her despite the facade they put on? Or is the 'close in life' idea inherently one that should be avoided?

Comment

• One wants a build a legacy, the other wants to nurse an addiction.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• A quick silly question.

A geist size is bound to it's original form or it can also change drastically?

I mean a geist can be small like a pixie or even huge like a giant?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ipergigio View Post
          A quick silly question.

A geist size is bound to it's original form or it can also change drastically?

I mean a geist can be small like a pixie or even huge like a giant?
          Core book says that a rank 3+ ghost size could vary, but drastic change would be more appropriate for chtonian

Comment

• I'm fairly new to Geist, in fact 2e is my first experience with this particular splat. I'm wondering how Geists behave. Can they speak? Can they act as regular humans do? or do Geists basically just silently float there and be creepy? The short stories I'm reading in the 2e core book makes it seem like the later. Say a player wanted to make a geist of a bandit or highwayman who used to be a smart-mouthed showman. Would the Geist be the same, or would it just be a bullet ridden corpse that stands near the character and stares at him all the time?.
            Last edited by Shadowdragon; 08-25-2019, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• Geists can communicate, vocal or otherwise. They generally don't have the same sense of humanity that they lost drinking from the rivers to act quite like a normal human would, but theoretically could once you unlock their memories. A bandit or highwayman might retain being mouthy, even if it doesn't know why, it would sorta be like going off a habit.

Comment

• Geists have transcended their status as individual ghosts to become sort of elemental death spirits. They have personalities, and they talk and want things, but they generally don't come across as very human in their behavior. The geist of death-on-the-road, I would say, could comment and even crack jokes about situations, but its sense of humor is probably pitch-black to the point of being offputting. It's probably not quite a chatterbox, and it probably seems a bit of a cipher personality-wise outside its role as death-on-the-road: when the subject changes, it doesn't really have much to say about its favorite food or what kind of books it likes.

If you work to unlock and resolve its Remembrances, the geist might take on more human traits and act more like the human ghost it once was. It never quite becomes fully human in outlook again, but it does become more "alive" and relatable as you reawaken what was precious to it in life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowdragon View Post
                  I'm fairly new to Geist, in fact 2e is my first experience with this particular splat. I'm wondering how Geists behave. Can they speak? Can they act as regular humans do? or do Geists basically just silently float there and be creepy?
                  There's little to actually stop them from doing so, but an important caveat to that is that every geist is Iconic and Broken, suffering from being made more Death-Person than Dead Person; mechanically, any Social rolls made for or against them that aren't premised around intimidating or frightening are limited to a chance die, and even if you knew them in life they're so changed that you need a roll to recognize them.

In effect, most of them will run their social activities around Roger Rabbit Rules, But For Terror.
                  Last edited by Satchel; 08-26-2019, 02:20 PM.

Resident Lore-Hound
                  Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                    Roger Rabbit Rules, But For Terror.
                    Love this line.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

• Is Essence and Plasm pretty much the same thing? Survival in the underworld talks about finding meals that restore Essence. If a Sin Eater does this, will they gain Plasm instead? I can't remember if there's anything in the book about converting Essence to Plasm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowdragon View Post
                        Is Essence and Plasm pretty much the same thing? Survival in the underworld talks about finding meals that restore Essence. If a Sin Eater does this, will they gain Plasm instead? I can't remember if there's anything in the book about converting Essence to Plasm.
                        Ghosts can convert Plasm to Essence at a rate of three to one and most of the survival methods in the Underworld are ectophagia.

Resident Lore-Hound
                        Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Working...
                        X