Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - Geist edition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Emerick View Post


    Not it means non medium cannot hear or speak with ghost, ghosts can hear the living just fine, that's the tragedy of it.
    Then why putting both the "anyone using the item can speak with the ghosts" and "anyone using the item can hear the ghosts"?
    If ghosts can already hear the living everyone can already speak with them, even if they cannot hear the replies.
    Maybe the hear the ghost option works with sounds made by the ghosts and the speak with ghosts option works only with words?

    Comment


    • Because this option is intended for the living, not for ghosts.


      .

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Emerick View Post
        Because this option is intended for the living, not for ghosts.
        The question is, why are those two different options if they effectively do the exact same thing? If ghosts naturally can hear you and you use the option to hear them, you can already communicate freely.
        What is the purpose of having "speak to the dead" as an option? Either it allows ghosts to hear you (which they already can) or it allows you to communicate back and forth with them, which you can already do with the previous option.


        Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

        Comment


        • Ooooh i totally missed the point, huh, yeah it's strange


          .

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Emerick View Post
            Ooooh i totally missed the point, huh, yeah it's strange
            Yes, and then i ve found this quote on the core book
            "To ghosts, material light sources are dimmed and sounds distorted as though underwater.".
            So i was wondering if ghosts are in fact able to hear clearly the livings

            Comment


            • I feel really dumb asking this, but here goes. As I read it, the dice pool to use a haunt is the sin-eaters Synergy + number of dots in the haunt. It feels like an attribute should be involved (similar to discipline use in Vampire). Otherwise a new SE will roll 2 dice and probably not activate a haunt. Is this correct?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Corbie View Post
                I feel really dumb asking this, but here goes. As I read it, the dice pool to use a haunt is the sin-eaters Synergy + number of dots in the haunt. It feels like an attribute should be involved (similar to discipline use in Vampire). Otherwise a new SE will roll 2 dice and probably not activate a haunt. Is this correct?
                But you have the option to open the haunt with a key, adding the correspondent attribute to the roll, and you start with at least two unlockable keys

                Comment


                • Ooooh. I'd forgotten. On a first skim and still in that "must learn vocabulary so I understand concepts" stage. TY. I forgot you can use a key. Does that work even if the key isn't the right resonance? (Though they ought to be considering they reflect the build, right?)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Corbie View Post
                    Ooooh. I'd forgotten. On a first skim and still in that "must learn vocabulary so I understand concepts" stage. TY. I forgot you can use a key. Does that work even if the key isn't the right resonance? (Though they ought to be considering they reflect the build, right?)
                    If i remember it rightly of you open a key without the resonance you simply gain the doomed condition

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

                      If i remember it rightly of you open a key without the resonance you simply gain the doomed condition
                      The Doomed Condition for a Key happens if you don't either spend a Willpower to buy it off in the moment or roll an exceptional success to unlock the Haunt. If a use of a Haunt is resonant with the Key being used to unlock it, the roll is an exceptional success with three successes instead of five.


                      Resident Lore-Hound
                      Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

                      Comment


                      • Thanks for answering my question, everyone. I have another. What happens' to the Bound's body (the initial Bargain) if, say, it burned to a crisp in a fire or blew apart in an explosion? Does the Geist/Bargain reassemble the Sin-Eater? Is a 'reasonable facsimile' made?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Corbie View Post
                          Thanks for answering my question, everyone. I have another. What happens' to the Bound's body (the initial Bargain) if, say, it burned to a crisp in a fire or blew apart in an explosion? Does the Geist/Bargain reassemble the Sin-Eater? Is a 'reasonable facsimile' made?
                          They should be healed right up. Though, I admittedly dont know if they get blown to pieces. But I do know that if the body is fully intact, it should heal upon making the Bargain (if not instantly, then later through the use of Plasm)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Corbie View Post
                            Thanks for answering my question, everyone. I have another. What happens' to the Bound's body (the initial Bargain) if, say, it burned to a crisp in a fire or blew apart in an explosion? Does the Geist/Bargain reassemble the Sin-Eater? Is a 'reasonable facsimile' made?
                            Maybe I'm wrong, but from way I remember the Bargain don't heal the body, it just keep the death at bay, granting to the wounded body the time to heal by itself or to receive medical treatment.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X