Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - Geist edition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think it s possible to use Haunts remotely with the Boneyard enhancement Eyes in the Paintings?
    Marionette in particular, the condition resolves when the target exits the sin eater line of sight, but does sensory enhancement (the Boneyard, binoculars) counts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
      Do you think it s possible to use Haunts remotely with the Boneyard enhancement Eyes in the Paintings?
      Marionette in particular, the condition resolves when the target exits the sin eater line of sight, but does sensory enhancement (the Boneyard, binoculars) counts?
      Rules as written, it should but ask your ST about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
        Rules as written, it should but ask your ST about it.
        Unfortunately i am the ST 😅, i m trying to design a trap for the players, but the enemy sin eater is alone vs 5, and he want to attack from a safe position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

Unfortunately i am the ST 😅, i m trying to design a trap for the players, but the enemy sin eater is alone vs 5, and he want to attack from a safe position.
          I mean. It does work but it is an extremely powerful combination. The only real limit is the plasm.

Comment

• Can you use the Tomb to create multiple instances of the same item? For instance, I have the handlebar and dashboard of a wrecked motorcycle. Could I create two instances of that motorcycle (separate Tomb activations, of course)

Consumer of lore, myth, history, tales and songs. Pronoun ambiguous Constantly Out in the Grapes™

Comment

• Just for curiosity, do you think a geist can manifest itself into the world without a crisis point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ipergigio View Post
                Just for curiosity, do you think a geist can manifest itself into the world without a crisis point?
                A Bound geist projects an image of itself into Twilight normally and otherwise has the ability to interact with the world when given the opportunity through crisis points or deliberate Unleashing.

Resident Lore-Hound
                Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorekeeper View Post
                  Can you use the Tomb to create multiple instances of the same item? For instance, I have the handlebar and dashboard of a wrecked motorcycle. Could I create two instances of that motorcycle (separate Tomb activations, of course)
                  It should.

Comment

• Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                    A Bound geist projects an image of itself into Twilight normally and otherwise has the ability to interact with the world when given the opportunity through crisis points or deliberate Unleashing.
                    Actually in the crossover I'm playing no one of my partners can see my geist, so I were wondering if I can uleash it deliberately and not only when a crisis point comes. Perhaps because it wants to physically interact with objects so badly, or just for a comedy skit with other players. But the rulebook is not pretty clear about this.

Comment

Actually in the crossover I'm playing no one of my partners can see my geist, so I were wondering if I can uleash it deliberately and not only when a crisis point comes. Perhaps because it wants to physically interact with objects so badly, or just for a comedy skit with other players. But the rulebook is not pretty clear about this.
                      The rulebook has a section on deliberately Unleashing your geist. You can only do it once per chapter and it strains your bond a bit, but you can do it.

It's the last item in the "Sin-Eater Abilities" section before Haunts; check page 100 and the relevant Conditions on page 302. Note that doing this instead of having a crisis point prompt the event means you can't spend Plasm for at least the rest of the scene.
                      Last edited by Satchel; 03-11-2021, 12:11 AM.

Resident Lore-Hound

Comment

• A crisis point can occour without a trigger or a direct danger for the bound? Maybe if the geist wish to do something so badly in first person?
                        I know I'm persistent but I'm looking for a loop hole to make my geist a more active caracter into the crossover.

Comment

A crisis point can occour without a trigger or a direct danger for the bound? Maybe if the geist wish to do something so badly in first person?
                          That is what the personal trigger, Ban, and Bane are for.
                          I know I'm persistent but I'm looking for a loop hole to make my geist a more active caracter into the crossover.
                          Play your Sin-Eater. Pick triggers that you expect to come up often or ask your Storyteller to bring your geist's crisis point triggers in often or just Unleash your geist every chapter, but remember that the character you are playing is the human person and not the mysterious ghost-monster they're connected to.

Resident Lore-Hound

Comment

A crisis point can occour without a trigger or a direct danger for the bound? Maybe if the geist wish to do something so badly in first person?
                            Personally, I find synergy too generic for what it should be. Maybe ask if you can model it a little bit closer to your geist's themes.

Comment

• Momento Mori isn't really clear on this but if you use the last power of the Well, would it be possible to strip things without replacing. Is it possible for example to take things from a dead corpse and just make it unrecognizable and keep them until you want to give them to someone else, or make yourself or someone else look like them?
                              Last edited by Epimetheus; 03-23-2021, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Do Fighting Merits work with the third dot of rage?

Comment

Working...
                                X