Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - Geist edition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Heroofthemists View Post
    Do Fighting Merits work with the third dot of rage?
    I'd say not, given that most of those maneuvers are built for normal applications of Brawl or Weaponry.

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• But.... the geist's touchstone is a physical object? When you gain the third dot of sinergy, it just pop out in your hands, or you have to recover it somewhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ipergigio View Post
        But.... the geist's touchstone is a physical object? When you gain the third dot of sinergy, it just pop out in your hands, or you have to recover it somewhere?
        I think it can be any kind of touchstone, a place, an item or a person.
        Probably at Sinergy 3 the Sin eater recovers the memory of it.

Comment

• My character got sinergy 3 indeed, I wonder how I must play this event

Comment

My character got sinergy 3 indeed, I wonder how I must play this event
            It could be a semi interactive flashback, leading to the touchstone current location

Comment

My character got sinergy 3 indeed, I wonder how I must play this event
              Have you progressed your geist's Remembrance or is this a non-freebie-based Synergy bump?

Resident Lore-Hound

Comment

• It's a remembrance.

Comment

It's a remembrance.
                  Build from the new scene you unlocked. Investigate and follow up. You've developed a close enough relationship with your geist that you can benefit from pursuing the promise behind this Touchstone. If it isn't someone or something you've already got access to, securing it is a personal story arc that will give you Willpower to spend. Ignoring it in favor of your Burden Touchstone risks you becoming Indebted. Think of it like a side trip along the road to completing your geist's Remembrance.

Resident Lore-Hound

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
                    Momento Mori isn't really clear on this but if you use the last power of the Well, would it be possible to strip things without replacing. Is it possible for example to take things from a dead corpse and just make it unrecognizable and keep them until you want to give them to someone else, or make yourself or someone else look like them?
                    It says in the description that stripped traits fill the same "slots" as Memories. So I believe you can just hang on to them.

Comment

• Is there any consensus on how Influence, Manifestations or Numina are categorized in terms of Turn actions? Are they reflexive or Instant actions? I always assumed they were instant, but I can't seem to find such description

Comment

• Huh. I double checked, and I couldn’t find anything to specify this either. The closest directions I found were in the Chronicles Core (pg 69) “the majority of actions in the game are instant actions” - a sentence not actually replicated in that section for Geist, but which I would interpret as “instant unless otherwise stated, or unless common sense leads to something else.”
                        To help with the common sense part, Reflexive is defined as “takes no appreciable time or effort [...] you can take reflexive actions on other characters’ turns.” (GtS2, pg 146) - which I would say most Numina / influences / manifestations would not qualify for.

The other solid clue we have is on 305, causing the Open condition: “using a control influence allows a ghost to temporarily create the open condition as an instant action” - which is weirdly the only manifestation condition which specifies that; I didn’t see any numina clarify action type either.

I would believe the text is a little vague to give ST some latitude in tailoring powers to an entity, and to make rulings that fit best with the narrative. They are generally only used by NPCs, after all. But I can’t imagine the default assumption being anything other than these being Instant actions.

Second Chance for
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_709_1572548741915_354[/ATTACH]
                        A Beautiful Madness

Comment

• Thanks, this will make easier integrating playable ghosts. Is a small but good clue to base any ruling, thanks again.

Comment

• For curiosuty: The Breaved only seek for dead people, or even for living ones?
                            Last edited by Ipergigio; 06-20-2021, 06:22 AM.

Comment

For curiosuty: The Breaved only seek for dead people, or even for living ones?
                              Someone or something that died with or before them. The Burden has affinity for the Haunt that gives information about the dead and boosts attempts to track down ghosts in the Underworld for a reason.

Resident Lore-Hound

Comment

• A question in regards to Mementos. Why does crafting a new memento cost a dot of syngery? Like if I do that and buy it with xp i will have ended up spending 8 xp on what normally would cost me 3. Or is there something I am missing here?

Comment

Working...
                                X