Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - Geist edition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Caedus View Post
    A question in regards to Mementos. Why does crafting a new memento cost a dot of syngery? Like if I do that and buy it with xp i will have ended up spending 8 xp on what normally would cost me 3. Or is there something I am missing here?
    You don't buy the Merit as well if you make it yourself.

It costs a dot of Synergy because a Memento functionally does or outdoes most of what a dot of Synergy does as far as Haunts are concerned.

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• Two questions that came to mind while swimming in the pool:

1. Can you resolve Flatlining by purchasing a dot of Synergy with (normal) Experiences?

2. Are the Ceremonies in Memento Mori only accessible to their associated Krewe Archetypes?

Comment

• Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
        1. Can you resolve Flatlining by purchasing a dot of Synergy with (normal) Experiences?
        "Gain a dot of Synergy" isn't one of the Resolution criteria, so no.

Resident Lore-Hound
        Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• When in the Underworld all Ghosts are Manifested right?...Are Bound Geists also manifested or is it just that variant of the twilight image thing they do in general and the geist is still tied to your body? Of course this is discounting unleashings.

Comment

• Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
            Two questions that came to mind while swimming in the pool:

As Satchel said it's not a Resolution, but conditions can end without Resolving.

Comment

When in the Underworld all Ghosts are Manifested right?...Are Bound Geists also manifested or is it just that variant of the twilight image thing they do in general and the geist is still tied to your body? Of course this is discounting unleashings.
              Really good question, sadly the corebook isn't really clear about this. I woud like for the geists to be manifested and tangible just like the ghosts.

Comment

When in the Underworld all Ghosts are Manifested right?...Are Bound Geists also manifested or is it just that variant of the twilight image thing they do in general and the geist is still tied to your body? Of course this is discounting unleashings.
                Originally posted by Ipergigio View Post
                Really good question, sadly the corebook isn't really clear about this. I woud like for the geists to be manifested and tangible just like the ghosts.
                "​However, bound geists can (and often do) project an image of themselves in Twilight near their Sin-Eater. This projection is immaterial even to other beings in Twilight and in the Underworld, but ghosts and other Bound can see it."

Bloodline: The Stygians
                Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tessie View Post

"​However, bound geists can (and often do) project an image of themselves in Twilight near their Sin-Eater. This projection is immaterial even to other beings in Twilight and in the Underworld, but ghosts and other Bound can see it."
                  My bad, I was too lazy to check the corebook.

Comment

Working...
                  X