Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - Geist edition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe I'm blind, but I can't seem to find how many dots of Haunts a starter Bound has? Or Touchstones?

To whomever reads this, I hope you have a good day/night. May you be Happy.

So, I made some Mage Legacies here, with some help. They vary in quality, but I hope you take a look at them. Every one contains pieces of me, for better or worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by TempleBuilder View Post
      Maybe I'm blind, but I can't seem to find how many dots of Haunts a starter Bound has? Or Touchstones?
      Page 74, "Sin-Eater Template" has the lot; the information on Touchstone Basics on page 83 and the Synergy chart on page 91 should make it clear how many Touchstones you should have as a starting character, depending on how many starting Merit dots you've spent on Synergy.

Resident Lore-Hound
      Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

Comment

• Happy week end to everyone!

This is one of my strage questions: do you think a geist can learn skills from his human partner? I mean, if a geist make a bound with a martial artist, then the little god of death can learn how to fight with the kung-fu style?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ipergigio View Post
          This is one of my strage questions: do you think a geist can learn skills from his human partner? I mean, if a geist make a bound with a martial artist, then the little god of death can learn how to fight with the kung-fu style?
          You can flavor the way your geist uses its Attributes however you like, but if your geist is Unleashed it's using the stats it has as described in the Geist Creation section and the modifications described in the Unleashed Condition.

You're playing one of the Bound, not their geist nor one of the Absent. Your geist doesn't "learn" in any sense that allows it to pick up Skill dots or Merits.

Resident Lore-Hound

Comment

• Would an Avernian Gate be a valid target for the Skeleton Key Ceremony ? The intent is to allow the krewe to have a preferred and quick access point to the Underworld
            Last edited by KaiserAfini; 03-05-2022, 01:12 PM.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
            The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy of Scholars of the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

Comment

• Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
              Would an Avernian Gate be a valid target for the Skeleton Key Ceremony ? Such thay the krewe would have a preferred and quick access point to the Underworld
              Avernian Gates aren't closed by locks, so no. A better method would be to get Inspired or Informed when Picking the Lock to try and get an easier Exceptional Success.

Resident Lore-Hound

Comment

• Anyone know what the Theophany Condition is for? Is it something that was meant to be cut, or is it called something else and the name wasn't changed?

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
                Masquiem: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2nd
                Storytellers Vault: Author Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
                  Anyone know what the Theophany Condition is for? Is it something that was meant to be cut, or is it called something else and the name wasn't changed?
                  I get the distinct feeling it was supposed to be for something leading up to Catabasis, but I'm pretty sure it's been a weird development fossil since the KS manuscripts.

Resident Lore-Hound

Comment

• RP question, how much can Geists communicate with their Sin-Eaters? Can they talk and exchange dialogues? Or is it limited to the Geist doing signs or mimics? Or does it vary on the Geist? That always was a source of confusion for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darinas View Post
                      RP question, how much can Geists communicate with their Sin-Eaters? Can they talk and exchange dialogues? Or is it limited to the Geist doing signs or mimics? Or does it vary on the Geist? That always was a source of confusion for me.
                      Unbound geists roll a chance die on all social rolls outside the context of frightening or intimidating (and apply the same limitation to social rolls made against them), per the Broken quality.

The descriptions of the levels of Relationship seem to indicate that even at a Coercive level both halves of a Sin-Eater can understand each other's immediate desires, with higher levels of Synergy affording a stronger understanding of each other's emotions and goals.

Your geist can't sit down and have a frank conversation with you, but it can be cryptic and unsettling and terrifying in helpful ways just fine, and the Tyrannous lean into that being the only language it clearly understands without being more powerfully aligned. Most of its contribution is going to be crisis points and shared gut feelings as you help solve the mystery of its Remembrance and wrap up your unfinished business.

Resident Lore-Hound

Comment

• Originally posted by Darinas View Post
                        RP question, how much can Geists communicate with their Sin-Eaters? Can they talk and exchange dialogues? Or is it limited to the Geist doing signs or mimics? Or does it vary on the Geist? That always was a source of confusion for me.

The way I imagine geists is not that they can't talk, they are not mindless monsters, its just that they have been so detached from their humanity that they forgot how normal human beings interact, I can imagine a geist singing an old lullaby, although she wouldn't know where she learned it, a geist could insult and demean his bound akin to a drill sergeant but if asked, he wouldn't even remember ever serving in the military, other geists might be able to carry semi coherent conversations but chose not to because they don't see the point of it anymore.

Comment

• okay thanks, i'll try to work with that.

Comment

• Do Ceremonies that affect ghosts work on geists as well?

Also, while scanning over the list of Ceremonies to make sure my question made sense, another arose: If a casting of Forge Anchor is contested by the subject, does the celebrant still subtract the ghost's Rank from their dice pool?

Comment

• Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
                              Do Ceremonies that affect ghosts work on geists as well?

Also, while scanning over the list of Ceremonies to make sure my question made sense, another arose: If a casting of Forge Anchor is contested by the subject, does the celebrant still subtract the ghost's Rank from their dice pool?
                              I suspect most Ceremonies work on geists just fine… when they aren’t Bound in a Bargain at the moment.

For the latter, my knee-jerk response is that the contest doesn’t happen for willing targets, Ceremony or not. My kneecaps could be rusty tho.

MtAw Homebrew:
                              Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
                              New 2E Legacies, expanded

Comment

• Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
                                Do Ceremonies that affect ghosts work on geists as well?
                                They're specifically ghosts, so yes, with the possible exception of Forge Anchor for reasons of verisimilitude.

It's outside of the parenthetical for unwilling targets and is the kind of thing that makes sense to be harder to manage on more powerful ghosts whether they cooperate or not, so yes.

Resident Lore-Hound

Comment

Working...
                                X