Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - Geist edition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    when you take a new burden inspiration, does it matter what your Burden is? like can a bereaved take a burden aspiration that's more suited to the vengeful if he solved his original one?
    I don't think you take a new burden inspiration. Though that statement is from memory, so I might be wrong.

Genius templates: Super Science Mini-Template for Demon: the Descent

Oracle the Endbringers: Time-Manipulator Fan-Splat

Comment

• Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
      I don't think you take a new burden inspiration. Though that statement is from memory, so I might be wrong.
      ahh ok, well thanks for putting up with me

Comment

If you resolve your burden aspiration, you get 1 free synergy dot.
        And increases your geist's Rank, to boot.

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
        It's the only real mechanical guideline for what "resolving the issue at the core of the Touchstone" means for that character element, so yeah, to all evidence your Burden Aspiration is one-and-done as a core narrative beat.

Resident Lore-Hound
        Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• Is the twilight network coming back in 2nd edition or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by Penguinbowler View Post
            Is the twilight network coming back in 2nd edition or not?
            There's a sidebar about it on page 60, so presumably yes.

Resident Lore-Hound

Comment

• In second edition, if you unlock a Haunt with a Key, do any rolls past the first activation benefit from the bonus dice the key grants?

For example, Holly uses Marionette 1 unlocked with the Stillness Key on a lockpick to pick a lot from afar, but she needs to roll to have the lockpick succeed. Would she use her Marionette + her Synergy for the lockpicking, or her Composure + Marionette + Synergy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
                In second edition, if you unlock a Haunt with a Key, do any rolls past the first activation benefit from the bonus dice the key grants?
                Explicitly so, per the "Unlock Attribute" part of the "Using Keys" section on page 121.

Resident Lore-Hound

Comment

• Does anything special happen if a Sin Eater commits Ectophagia on their own Doppleganger? Presumably they gain Plasm and lose Synergy as with eating other ghosts, but what I'm wondering about is the ranking up effect from one ghost consuming another ghost of the same person. A Sin Eater's ghost doesn't use any of the normal rules and never has an applicable rank so the boring practical effect is probably "nothing", but it feels like something weird should happen.

Comment

• Is there somewhere in the book that expands on how to earn krewe/synergy beats?

Comment

• Originally posted by HelmsDerp View Post
                      A Sin Eater's ghost doesn't use any of the normal rules and never has an applicable rank so the boring practical effect is probably "nothing", but it feels like something weird should happen.
                      Not really an answer to this question, but to point out: doppelgangers have Rank like normal ghosts. It's only the doppelgangers of individual parts of people (the ghost of a leg or the ghost of a pair of eyes, like used in the Phantom Limb Supernatural Merit) that have Rank 0.

Comment

• Dopplegangers have rank, yes, but Sin Eaters also have/are a ghost that they release as part of the Oracle Haunt. The fourth dot of said Haunt specifically sends that ghost to the underworld temporarily, and is rumored to sometimes leave dopplegangers. No mechanics are given as the ghost observes but doesn't interact with anything, so I'm not sure what powering it up through clone cannibalism would even do.

Comment

• Originally posted by StrayReaper View Post
                          Is there somewhere in the book that expands on how to earn krewe/synergy beats?
                          In the Doctrines section is the main way to get krewe beats, but you also get them from Exceptional Successes on Ceremonies, interacting with tableus and ylems, and resolving the Dead or Lawbreaker, Regalia conditions.

Synergy beats are gained from resolving the bonding, unleashed, or unwavering conditions.

Comment

• Do you think that plasmic healing could be used to heal from illness and poisons?

Comment

• Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
                              Do you think that plasmic healing could be used to heal from illness and poisons?
                              No. Plasmic healing just downgrades damage to 1 step lower and allows you to remove physical tilts created by damage (such as Arm Wrack). Plasmic healing sticks damaged parts together, but there's no sign it would flush out illnesses or toxins.

Comment

No. Plasmic healing just downgrades damage to 1 step lower and allows you to remove physical tilts created by damage (such as Arm Wrack). Plasmic healing sticks damaged parts together, but there's no sign it would flush out illnesses or toxins.
                                True, but could it mitigate damage inflicted by such things?

Comment

Working...
                                X