Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - Geist edition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - Geist edition.

Hello everyone! I don't know if it's too soon for this kind of topic, but since I'm already working at starting a Geist 2e chronicle and I have questions... why not? Sooo... let's begin!

What actually happens mechanically when a geist gets a higher Rank? There are some things that I know are true: other than Rank being a Supernatural Tolerance trait, the geist is a Bane for ghosts with a Rank two steps lower and they can use more powerful Influence and increase even more their Attributes with Plasm when they gain Rank.

But... do the Attributes change by raising to the limits linked to that Rank? Should the Ban and the Ban be updated? Does their appearance change?

• Ipergigio
    replied
    So... to deal with a possessed person which is better? Exorcism or Abjuration?

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Originally posted by Ipergigio View Post
    Also... in a chronicle I'm facing a mortal possessed by a ghost and sadly I don't have haunts or ceremonies to exorcise it. There's a way to resolve the condition without killing the poor human?
    Exorcism is a free Ceremony that doesn't need to be bought. It can be found in the Chronicles of Darkness book or in the free to download God-Machine Chronicle Rules Update.

Leave a comment:

• Neos01
    replied
    So I must unleash my geist?
    In 1ed the ability to touch ghosts was enough for this rough kind of exorcism, 2ed rules don t state it but since you still have the same abilities...

Leave a comment:

• Ipergigio
    replied
    So I must unleash my geist?

Leave a comment:

• Neos01
    replied
    Thank you for the answer!

Also... in a chronicle I'm facing a mortal possessed by a ghost and sadly I don't have haunts or ceremonies to exorcise it. There's a way to resolve the condition without killing the poor human?
    If i remember it right geist can grab a ghost and pull it out from the victim by force

Leave a comment:

• Ipergigio
    replied
    Thank you for the answer!

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    I was wonderoing if it's plausible for a geist and a bound to share previous relationship where the geist could be a sibling, a consort or even a old friend passed away years ago.
    Based on chance alone it would be unlikely but possible. But considering that weird coincidences and fun narratives, it would definitely happen if a player or ST wants it to happen.

Leave a comment:

• Ipergigio
    replied
    I was wonderoing if it's plausible for a geist and a bound to share previous relationship where the geist could be a sibling, a consort or even a old friend passed away years ago.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
    Can characters spend Willpower on Intercession rolls? Unless I missed it, the book doesn't seem to say one way or another. I ask because I'm not sure if the roll counts as more of a breaking point (where you usually can't spend Willpower), or if it's more like a Social roll with a unique dice pool.
    Don't see why not.

Leave a comment:

• Yossarian
    replied
    Can characters spend Willpower on Intercession rolls? Unless I missed it, the book doesn't seem to say one way or another. I ask because I'm not sure if the roll counts as more of a breaking point (where you usually can't spend Willpower), or if it's more like a Social roll with a unique dice pool.

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadowdragon View Post
    Is Essence and Plasm pretty much the same thing? Survival in the underworld talks about finding meals that restore Essence. If a Sin Eater does this, will they gain Plasm instead? I can't remember if there's anything in the book about converting Essence to Plasm.
    Ghosts can convert Plasm to Essence at a rate of three to one and most of the survival methods in the Underworld are ectophagia.

Leave a comment:

• Shadowdragon
    replied
    Is Essence and Plasm pretty much the same thing? Survival in the underworld talks about finding meals that restore Essence. If a Sin Eater does this, will they gain Plasm instead? I can't remember if there's anything in the book about converting Essence to Plasm.

Leave a comment:

• ElvesofZion
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchel View Post
    Roger Rabbit Rules, But For Terror.
    Love this line.

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadowdragon View Post
    I'm fairly new to Geist, in fact 2e is my first experience with this particular splat. I'm wondering how Geists behave. Can they speak? Can they act as regular humans do? or do Geists basically just silently float there and be creepy?
    There's little to actually stop them from doing so, but an important caveat to that is that every geist is Iconic and Broken, suffering from being made more Death-Person than Dead Person; mechanically, any Social rolls made for or against them that aren't premised around intimidating or frightening are limited to a chance die, and even if you knew them in life they're so changed that you need a roll to recognize them.

In effect, most of them will run their social activities around Roger Rabbit Rules, But For Terror.
    Last edited by Satchel; 08-26-2019, 02:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X