Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - Geist edition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - Geist edition.

Hello everyone! I don't know if it's too soon for this kind of topic, but since I'm already working at starting a Geist 2e chronicle and I have questions... why not? Sooo... let's begin!

What actually happens mechanically when a geist gets a higher Rank? There are some things that I know are true: other than Rank being a Supernatural Tolerance trait, the geist is a Bane for ghosts with a Rank two steps lower and they can use more powerful Influence and increase even more their Attributes with Plasm when they gain Rank.

But... do the Attributes change by raising to the limits linked to that Rank? Should the Ban and the Ban be updated? Does their appearance change?

• Emerick
    replied
    When a rank 1 ghost is pulled into the underworld, are they able to register that they are dead and break their loop ? Or do they remain unaware of their surroundings and quickly fade into the walls ?

Leave a comment:

• Minty
    replied
    How many dots would be reasonable for a Ceremony that makes a map of a physical building, including any areas hidden by mundane means?

Leave a comment:

• MrParaduo
    replied
    With the Dumb Supper Ceremony (pg.130) does the meal satiate mortal hunger? It says completely refills Willpower for the living, but it also says it creates a feast sufficient to feed all participants.

Leave a comment:

• Emerick
    replied
    Other dumb questions , The Brighter morning fiction seemed to hint at geist being unable to use complex language and using emotions, thought or base gesture and sound to get their point across, but i seems to remember that in first edition they could talk just fine, so am i missing something ?

Second dumb question, i'm wondering if my future player should roleplay their geist or if i should roleplay them. On one hand, the geist is a part of the bound and so should be under the player control, but especially at the beginning since the sin eater will be at low synergy, having the storyteller play the reaction of this alien entity bound to them could convey the tone of the game very well

Leave a comment:

• Emerick
    replied
    Is the editable character sheet out yet ?

Leave a comment:

• Lorekeeper
    replied
    Next week, I'd imagine. It wasn't listed as "on sale this week" on MMN

Leave a comment:

• Runcible
    replied
    Looks like Geist 2e is off to printing and the backers are getting the Memento Mori pdf soon. Should be expect the pdf this week or next week?

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by Lorekeeper View Post
    On page 117 of the 2e backer pdf, under the description of "Maelstrom", it says "the Sin-Eater may make unarmed ranged attacks out to 30 yards." As ranged attacks, does this mean it acts as a firearms and does not subtract defense unless a character can defend against firearms, or do targets still defend normally?
    To my understanding from the examples in the body of Maelstrom, yes, you have a ranged attack with a damage modifier of [Plasm spent on the Rage] which you may direct with Strength + [Brawl or Rage] out to 30 yards and which deals lethal damage to ghosts.

Leave a comment:

• Lorekeeper
    replied
    On page 117 of the 2e backer pdf, under the description of "Maelstrom", it says "the Sin-Eater may make unarmed ranged attacks out to 30 yards." As ranged attacks, does this mean it acts as a firearms and does not subtract defense unless a character can defend against firearms, or do targets still defend normally?

Leave a comment:

• Daigotsu Max
    replied
    In the list of ceremonies for Undertakers one is "Go with Love". Am I missing something or is it not in the book?

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by Firanai View Post
    Greetings. Does anyone know when the final pdf with the all corrections will be released? Thanks in advance.
    When it's done, which is Soon. The Monday Meeting Notes are, as they have always been, the place to check for if this is the week, which it isn't.

Leave a comment:

• Firanai
    replied
    Greetings. Does anyone know when the final pdf with the all corrections will be released? Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Runcible
    replied
    You can activate Marionette Haunt on things you can perceive iirc, which links up with Boneyard's extrasensory effect or, say live footage cameras. I'm pretty sure there's a note in the book that says Sin-Eaters specifically tend not to communicate through phones because of being targeted by such things with a phone's camera.

Leave a comment:

• Lorekeeper
    replied
    Originally posted by Nesky View Post
    In the 2nd edition, a Bound can activate a marionette's Haunt on a target seen through a boneyard? Or whatever other Haunt?
    As far as I'm reading it, Marionette works so long as there is line of sight on the target. So with the 2 dot Boneyard effect, that would imply you can activate the Marionette Haunt while your physical body can't perceive the target.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X