No announcement yet.

[2E] Could psychics become Sin-Eaters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Could psychics become Sin-Eaters?

Hi all. I'm currently stating up a game to run for Geist 2e, I'm having my players start off as human before seeing where their dice roll on the demise table.

Reading over the Sin-Eater abilities (page 119 by the Kickstarter document) - what would happen if a psychic died and bargained with a geist to become a sin-eater? Usually, those abilities are lost from my understanding but I wonder if they're not really "lost" especially in consideration of Medium abilities.

Thoughts?

Hurt Locker mentions that the ban on mixing the generic supernatural merits with the templates is more about thematic consistency rather than mechanical issues.

A question to ask is how your characters psychic powers actually work, because then that gives you the ability to integrate it properly into the character. Like, if you're just a Sin-Eater who can anomalously move things with telekinesis that's not great.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Hurt Locker mentions that the ban on mixing the generic supernatural merits with the templates is more about thematic consistency rather than mechanical issues.

A question to ask is how your characters psychic powers actually work, because then that gives you the ability to integrate it properly into the character. Like, if you're just a Sin-Eater who can anomalously move things with telekinesis that's not great.

Ah thank you, I will look into Hurt Locker. Potentially with a narrative angle, if a medium became a Sin-Eater, it would be like everything is enhanced since you can sense so much more. A house rule for the game could be perhaps a psychic with telekinesis may feel it's easier to use The Marionette perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by OfCards View Post
        Ah thank you, I will look into Hurt Locker. Potentially with a narrative angle,
        I wouldn't worry, It's only a small sidebar.

if a medium became a Sin-Eater, it would be like everything is enhanced since you can sense so much more. A house rule for the game could be perhaps a psychic with telekinesis may feel it's easier to use The Marionette perhaps?
        I wasn't being very clear. My point is that the supernatural merits are mostly blank in terms of what's powering them or who grants them; and the question of whether they should stay or go when the character becomes a Sin-Eater should really depend on that.

Like, if your character can use telekinesis because they have some kind of altered biology, then it's not obvious why that ability would go away. But if it's the result of some kind of God-Machine infrastructure, then it'd be reasonable that the G-M would disconnect your character when they became a Sin-Eater.

Comment

Working...
        X