LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

Just wanted to say that I got the PDF and it is AWESOME! My hats off to the developers for making such a great game. I know that I probably say this with every new PDF core book of the 2nd Edition, but this was a great piece of work. More so than other games, it is a great improvement over the original (Geist 1st edition seemed like an unfinished product). All I can say is keep up the great work guys.

I absolutely agree! While I have never played Geist 1e and I have always wanted to but couldn't due to other obligations, I leapt at the chance to back Geist 2e and it's WORTH IT. The PDF still needs a bit of work with erratas, but it's absolutely gorgeous and I look forward to the physical book when it comes in mail.

Comment

Can you tell us about the main improvements of the final version compared with Geist 1st's ?

Comment

I was reading it and got to this bit and just had the biggest grin. I love body horror and it's a built in part of the template in a cool way

By suffusing her body with Plasm, the Sin-Eater can mitigate even the most terrible injuries. What would be lethal wounds ll with milky-white ooze, pulling sepa- rated tissue back together and reconstituting elements of the Bound’s body. The Plasm keeps her alive, even to the point of linking severed body parts, stretching across the gap between a wrist and a hand — or between neck and head.
        Even if a part of her body is crippled or destroyed, she can reconstitute it with Plasm. Someone who feeds a Sin-Eater’s arm into a wood chipper will no doubt get a surprise when the Bound grabs her by the throat with a hand made of ghost-stuff. The geist knows how the Sin-Eater’s body should be, so Plasm can hold bones together when they would shatter, and replace gouged- out eyes.

Comment

so does plasm still work the same way as 1st edition? as in the healing only lasts till the end of the scene

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
            so does plasm still work the same way as 1st edition? as in the healing only lasts till the end of the scene
            Permanent 'heal'. Reflexively spend Plasm one for one to downgrade damage from agg > lethal or lethal > bashing. Can also spend [more] plasm to auto heal physical damage tilts like Arm Wrack. Passively you also don't pass out or bleed out so remain active and functional (with wound penalties) until filled with Agg. Then you die and get the Dead condition. Then your Geist brings you back to life again.

Comment

so healing lasts past the scene now. sounds pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
                so healing lasts past the scene now. sounds pretty good
                I could see Iron Stamina 3 being a popular merit actually. 8 health boxes and no wound penalties and no passing out/bleeding out means you've got 24 effective health and, if you have the plasm, can heal it off as bashing by converting it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Scutarii View Post

I could see Iron Stamina 3 being a popular merit actually. 8 health boxes and no wound penalties and no passing out/bleeding out means you've got 24 effective health and, if you have the plasm, can heal it off as bashing by converting it down.
                  that is very true. this makes sin eaters potentially more tanky than prometheans easily

Comment

I as well think that the second edition really improved the game. Somehow GtS first edition was something with an intriguing basic idea, but also incomplete, confused and pretty smoky in some aspects. The second edition is a heavily reworked version of the game and I really like it!

Comment

Working...
                    X