Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2E - Why is the rate of advancement ludicrously high now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2E - Why is the rate of advancement ludicrously high now?

When I first skimmed through the advancement section, I had assumed that they simply made Group Beats the default, which was kind of neat, I guess. But on a closer read today...
    That's not what they did. At all.

Let's look at a group of four players that each earn, on average, five beats per session.

1) Under individual beats, they each earn five individual beats, and end the session with 1 Experience.
    2) Under group beats, they contribute to a shared pool consisting of 20 beats, which get distributed evenly amongst them at the end of the session, ending with 1 Experience each
    3) Under this 'Common Pool', they contribute to a shared pool of 20 beats. For every 5 beats in the pool, each character gets 1 experience. They end the session with 4 Experiences each.

...what?
    Is this an error or some sort of oversight?

• Yossarian
    replied
    Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
    When I first skimmed through the advancement section, I had assumed that they simply made Group Beats the default, which was kind of neat, I guess. But on a closer read today...
    That's not what they did. At all.

Let's look at a group of four players that each earn, on average, five beats per session.

1) Under individual beats, they each earn five individual beats, and end the session with 1 Experience.
    2) Under group beats, they contribute to a shared pool consisting of 20 beats, which get distributed evenly amongst them at the end of the session, ending with 1 Experience each
    3) Under this 'Common Pool', they contribute to a shared pool of 20 beats. For every 5 beats in the pool, each character gets 1 experience. They end the session with 4 Experiences each.

...what?
    Is this an error or some sort of oversight?
    It might just be unclear language. You could submit an errata if it seems in error to you.

Leave a comment:

• proindrakenzol
    replied
    I believe there's still a cap of one beat per source per scene, so if two players fulfill an aspiration in a single scene it's only one beat. That's my reading, at least.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X