No announcement yet.

How do you kill a Sin-Eater?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my hunter campaign, I have houseruled that a sin-eater has to roll psyche+synergy to resurrect, and the more closely this death replicates the original death, the harder the roll is.
    So killing them in the same way/in the same situation etc add penalties, while things like the exact same weapon/the same place/the same killer add large ones.

The idea is that the Geist has effectively delayed that original death, and by convincing it/the underworld/death itself that the death has caught up with them, the bargain is broken.

It requires some fluff changes but it does mean a hunter can actually kill a sin-eater.

Comment

Originally posted by Urbenmyth View Post
      In my hunter campaign, I have houseruled that a sin-eater has to roll psyche+synergy to resurrect, and the more closely this death replicates the original death, the harder the roll is.
      So killing them in the same way/in the same situation etc add penalties, while things like the exact same weapon/the same place/the same killer add large ones.

The idea is that the Geist has effectively delayed that original death, and by convincing it/the underworld/death itself that the death has caught up with them, the bargain is broken.

It requires some fluff changes but it does mean a hunter can actually kill a sin-eater.
      That's a very elegant and thematic solution. I like it.

Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

Comment

Originally posted by Urbenmyth View Post

That is indeed a very good one, I think it should be put in 2nd edition and you should receive at minimum the pulitizer prize

Comment

Working...
        X