Should I Begin With Mortals or GTS???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Begin With Mortals or GTS???

So, it's been a long time since I've run any WOD, but it looks like that might be changing. However, some of my players are kind of new, and I really want to introduce them to the ghost rules of WOD. But time is something of an issue, and, well, should I try to do a mortal game first, or should I just drop them into GTS, and introduce the ghost rules through that? How good is GTS as an intro game?

I often create a little "tutorial" as mortals for new players, it helps them to learn first the basic rules of the system, then you add the splat rules.
    I never played geist, but to me it seem less complex than other splats like mage, werewolf or demon, mostly because the mindset of a sineaters is not too different from the human perspective.
    For learning the ghost rules you could add a ghost NPC of a deceased relative that they start to see after the transformation, it could be a kind of mentor for them

Comment

Maybe a very long and adventurous prelude in G:tSE should work well...

Comment

Run mortals for 2-3 session - and then 'kill' PCs, so they become Sin-Eaters. It's probably best way to run introductions for new players in CoD games, on general.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
        X