Night Horrors book for Geist?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maryshelly
    started a topic Night Horrors book for Geist?

Night Horrors book for Geist?

Will all the lines get a Night Horrors book? How about Changeling, Mummy, Hunter, and Deviant too?

• Runcible
    replied
    Originally posted by reseru View Post
    Well, first edition’s Book of the Dead also might have that covered.
    True, though 2e's updated take on the Underworld and nature of it might benefit from a more up to date supplement.

Leave a comment:

• nobby
    replied
    Originally posted by Minty View Post
    Do Sin-Eaters have any tools to handle spirits that don't possess any death-related Influences or Numina?
    I don't know if they have innate tools to deal with a spirit in Twilight or enter the Shadow.

But they could still deal with them like any mortal, attack them when they manifest, try to find out their Bans & Banes, cut them of from their resources, diplomacy etc.
    Or have to deal with Humans/Animals that are ridden or possessed by a spirit, or form a spirit cult. (Also Werewolfs might think that a Sin-Eater is a weird possessed Human and therefore become antagonistic)

(Oh and by spirit like things above I meant Idigam and Hosts)

Leave a comment:

• Minty
    replied
    Originally posted by nobby View Post
    For 2e:
    I haven't read the book back to back jet, but about 2/3 of the werwolfe book are spirits and spirit like things which in my oppinion are great in any game.

The Mage one only has different kinds of Mages in it, so it depends if you want to use Mages.
    Do Sin-Eaters have any tools to handle spirits that don't possess any death-related Influences or Numina?

Leave a comment:

• nobby
    replied
    Originally posted by KieranMullen View Post

Would someone list which of these supplements might be useful to splays other than the one at which they were aimed? For example are any of the Vampire NH supplements useful for Changeling, etc.? (This list might better be posted to the general CoD forum).
    For 2e:
    I haven't read the book back to back jet, but about 2/3 of the werwolfe book are spirits and spirit like things which in my oppinion are great in any game.

The Mage one only has different kinds of Mages in it, so it depends if you want to use Mages.

Leave a comment:

• reseru
    replied
    Originally posted by Runcible View Post
    Got my fingers crossed for a Night Horrors and Storyteller's Guide book for Geist to round things off nicely. A book of the Underworld would be nice like the upcoming Hedge supplement book for Changeling, but the Shattered World Mage book might already have that somewhat covered.
    Well, first edition’s Book of the Dead also might have that covered.

Leave a comment:

• Primal Zed
    replied
    More than just Night Horrors, I really like having examples of all the things. Geist 2e has examples not only of reapers and eaters of the dead, but also mementos, Dominions, how some real world cities might get presented, and story hooks. I'm glad the Memento Mori got more mementos, more Dominions, and "haunted locations", and especially regalia since there weren't any examples in the core book. I was disappointed that the kickstarter didn't reach the stretch goal to add example krewes to Memento Mori.

Leave a comment:

• KieranMullen
    replied
    Originally posted by LostLight View Post
    As supplements, Night Horrors are being made for gamelines which (supposedly) sell good enough. Originally, they were meant for the three main gamelines (Vampire, Werewolf and Mage), and Changeling also got one because it was so damn popular. Currently, Vampire have 3 Night Horrors, Werewolf and Mage have 2, and Demon, Promethean, Changeling and Beast have 1 each. While I would personally want to see more Night Horror books for all gamelines, in the end there is no guarantee that such books would be made. There has been some discussion about a future Night Horrors supplement for Geist back around the Kickstarter (like Chthonian Bound and such), but a lot would depend on how well would Geist 2e sell.
    Would someone list which of these supplements might be useful to splays other than the one at which they were aimed? For example are any of the Vampire NH supplements useful for Changeling, etc.? (This list might better be posted to the general CoD forum).

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    Originally posted by LostLight View Post
    You could also add to this Cabals and Slashers, some very borderline compacts and conspiracies, Mysterious Places and/or Inferno (which could be updated as a part of Hunter as 2e, considering the Lucifuge). And that without adding a full glossary of horrors, especially those which draw from Hunter's own lore (like the brass ants and the rmoahal). And it should be noted that Spilled Blood and Immortal Sinners did presented a number of Bloodlines and other, darker player options- so some nasty Hunter organizations which could still be playable could very well find place in such a supplement.
    Ashwood Abbey, Promethean Brotherhood, a militant Union, Illuminated brotherhood doing something stupid, any conspiracy...hunter very well could do night horror book, and the nature of the game means we could get new PLAYABLE compacts and conspiracies too. And yes, slasher cabals would be great (about the one thing the slasher book didnt really cover for me)

Anyway, the question at hand. I do think geist 2nd edition will be popular enough to warrant a Night horrors book. They have a large roster too. Ghosts, necromancers, other Bound, ghost hunters, kerberoi, reapers, cthonian god things, geists. That's without whatever new things it could bring
    Last edited by Primordial newcomer; 03-21-2020, 11:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Runcible
    replied
    Got my fingers crossed for a Night Horrors and Storyteller's Guide book for Geist to round things off nicely. A book of the Underworld would be nice like the upcoming Hedge supplement book for Changeling, but the Shattered World Mage book might already have that somewhat covered.

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied
    Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

I suspect that a Hunter Night Horrors book could work if it focused around something like Cancer Cells and rogue Hunters.
    You could also add to this Cabals and Slashers, some very borderline compacts and conspiracies, Mysterious Places and/or Inferno (which could be updated as a part of Hunter as 2e, considering the Lucifuge). And that without adding a full glossary of horrors, especially those which draw from Hunter's own lore (like the brass ants and the rmoahal). And it should be noted that Spilled Blood and Immortal Sinners did presented a number of Bloodlines and other, darker player options- so some nasty Hunter organizations which could still be playable could very well find place in such a supplement.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by Tessie View Post
    To complement what LostLight said: The only game where the Night Horrors format doesn't work is Hunter: The Vigil, and that's because HtV's regular supplements fulfil the very same role of introducing new antagonists, on top of also providing player options to deal with the new threats. It's technically possible that OPP does release a HtV NH book, but then they'd either break the NH format by also including player options or ignore an important part of past HtV supplements.
    I suspect that a Hunter Night Horrors book could work if it focused around something like Cancer Cells and rogue Hunters.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    To complement what LostLight said: The only game where the Night Horrors format doesn't work is Hunter: The Vigil, and that's because HtV's regular supplements fulfil the very same role of introducing new antagonists, on top of also providing player options to deal with the new threats. It's technically possible that OPP does release a HtV NH book, but then they'd either break the NH format by also including options specifically designed for players or ignore an important part of past HtV supplements.

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied
    As supplements, Night Horrors are being made for gamelines which (supposedly) sell good enough. Originally, they were meant for the three main gamelines (Vampire, Werewolf and Mage), and Changeling also got one because it was so damn popular. Currently, Vampire have 3 Night Horrors, Werewolf and Mage have 2, and Demon, Promethean, Changeling and Beast have 1 each. While I would personally want to see more Night Horror books for all gamelines, in the end there is no guarantee that such books would be made. There has been some discussion about a future Night Horrors supplement for Geist back around the Kickstarter (like Chthonian Bound and such), but a lot would depend on how well would Geist 2e sell.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    I hope so!

Although technically every Night Horrors book can work for Hunter too, but I take your meaning XD

Leave a comment:

Working...
X