Sin-Eaters and Player Death

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sin-Eaters and Player Death

Hallo. I recently skimmed over a thread in the Werewolf forums, in which a dude was very torn on wether or not to kill his players, because they were being suicidal, and it got me thinking.
    How do you treat player death in a game in which all players can come back from death like 4 times before shit gets real?
    Personally - althought no player death has yet sprung up in my game - I would it treat much more freely than normally. If a player does something immensely stupid, they die. Mercilessly and brutally. Even if "Something stupid" is just walking into the slums at night, to shadow that shady group of men in suits who all mumble in a long dead-tongue. If they failed that, and the subsequent roll to run the fuck away, I'de probably feel inclined to have them killed.

But how do you treat it?

I don't use character death as a stick. It can happen, though it is unlikely unless it seems a dramatic point for such to happen.

As such, I don't run Geist any different than Changeling or Demon. Character Death is a bad thing that can happen, but so is Morality loss. Punishing something stupid is low on my priority list.

Onyx Path Moderator
    Forum Rules
    This is my mod voice. This is my goth voice.
    [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Samedi View Post
      As such, I don't run Geist any different than Changeling or Demon. Character Death is a bad thing that can happen, but so is Morality loss. Punishing something stupid is low on my priority list.
      Well, in Giest, Character death is Morality Loss.

Comment

This is true, to some degree.

I will also note every time I swing by I see "player death" and keep thinking I missed something.

Onyx Path Moderator
        Forum Rules
        This is my mod voice. This is my goth voice.
        [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

Working...
        X